Netgear EX3920 is one of the best selling extenders. EX3920 extender boosts your wireless network range. With the help of this extender you can increase your wifi efficiency. For the setup firstly you need to unpack your extender. You can set up your extender mainly two ways: manual or WPS push button. Netgear EX3920 setup covers your entire house. With the help of Ex3920 extender you can enjoy your wireless services without any interruption.
Let’s talk about the EX3920 Extender setup.
Netgear EX3920 setup with the help of manual method
For Ex3920 setup follow the steps given below:
- Plug your extender to the power socket.
- Place your extender near the router, it’s necessary.
- Now wait for the LED amber light to turn green.
- If the LED light doesn’t show any light then click the power on/off button.
- You need to connect your wireless devices to the extender after the extender is on.
- After the connection go with the www.mywifiext.net site.
- To complete the setup follow the on-screen commands.
If your extender EX3920 comes with two units, don’t we panic and follow the same steps to complete the setup with the second unit. If you have any query related to this setup contact our experts.
How to do EX3920 setup using the WPS method?
Here are a few steps to set up your extender with the help of the WPS button. Follow these steps to complete the setup.
- Firstly turn on your extender.
- Then place your extender and your router in the same room.
- Once the LED light appears then click the WPS button on the extender.
- Now push the WPS button on the home router within 1-2 minutes.
- On your router and extender the green light starts blinking.
- If your extender gives you green light that means your extender is successfully connected with the wifi network.
- Repeat these steps to complete the setup process.
- Plug out your extender and place your extender between the dead spots and the router for good performance.
How to configure the EX3920 extender via web browser setup?
You can also set up your Netgear EX3920 extender with the help of a web browser. If your router and extender doesn’t have a WPS button then you use a web browser to Netgear EX3920 setup.
- Plug in your extender and turn it on.
- Make sure your extender is close to the router.
- Go to the wireless manager on your smart device.
- On the wifi setting select the Network_ext SSID appears on the screen.
- With the same network connect your smart devices.
- To complete the setup process visit the Netgear EX3920 setup page.
- On the setup page create an account.
- Follow on screen instructions, these instructions make your setup easy.
Netgear EX3920 Setup firmware update
When your wifi extender suddenly behaves badly and is not providing good network coverage then immediately update your extender firmware. If you update the latest firmware version your all problems are easily solved. The firmware is the set of instructions that provide a good network coverage.
- First of all, turn on your extender.
- Join your extender with a home router.
- Then start a web browser according to our choice.
- In the web browser address bar type mywifiext.net in the search bar.
- Login your extender by adding your personal details.
- In the setting menu click on the firmware upgrade option.
- Now click on the check button.
- Check for the latest firmware version to update.
- Now your firmware takes some time to update so wait for sometime.
EX3920 Setup factory reset process
Here are some few steps to Reset Netgear EX3920:
- look on the left side of the extender.
- There you can see the WPS button.
- The WPS button is placed between the small triangles.
- In the small circles you can see the reset option.
- Take a paper pin.
- Noe presses the reset hole for a few seconds. At the last steps wait for the LED lights.