Colombia Consumer Electronics Report Q2 2015
Headline Expenditure Projections
Key Trends And Developments
- Computer Hardware Sales: USD1.45bn in 2013 to USD1.53bn in 2014; +5.7% in US dollar terms. Tablets will be the outperforming device category again in 2014, but the announcement from Microsoft that it was cutting OS licensing fees on low-cost devices has boosted the notebook outlook.
- AV Sales : USD1.75bn in 2013 to USD1.87bn in 2014; +6.8% in US dollar terms. Flat-panel and Smart TV sets the main growth area as consumers upgrade their old models ahead of the World Cup, but we expect growth to plateau with next generation OLED and 4K TVs far out of reach of mass market consumers.
- Handset Sales : USD1.42bn in 2013 to USD1.69bn in 2014; +18.5% in US dollar terms. Booming smartphone volumes are driving increases in market value as users migrate to higher value handsets.
The mobile handset market in Colombia is booming, with smartphone penetration rising sharply since mid-2012 as device prices have...
The Colombia Consumer Electronics Report has been researched at source and features latest-available data covering both the manufacture and sale of consumer electronics products, critically analysing - and forecasting - the market dynamics affecting each sub-sector, including audio-visual, computers, mobile handsets, gaming and automotives electronics. Furthermore, the report analyses the domestic and global economic trends driving device demand and provides company rankings and competitive landscapes covering leading multinational and national consumer electronics companies and analysis of latest industry news and trends in Colombia.
BMI Research's Colombia Consumer Electronics Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the consumer electronics industry in Colombia.
- Benchmark BMI's independent consumer electronics industry forecasts for Colombia to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Colombian consumer electronics market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Colombia through our reviews of latest industry trends and major deals, projects and investments.
- Exploit the latest competitive intelligence with company SWOT analyses.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering consumer electronics, major investments and projects.
Consumer Electronics Market
Analysis of the size of the domestic market for electronics products, with in-depth assessment and data covering the dynamics driving each sub-sector; audio-visual, computers, mobile phone handsets and gaming devices, as well as demand for automotives electronics.
Analysis and data of the domestic electronics manufacturing sector. We assess the regulatory and business operational issues facing manufacturers - including openness to foreign investment, infrastructure, IP issues and the global demand context - and their impact on the production of electronics goods, which is again broken down via market sub-sectors.
Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry and economic indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key risks to the main forecast, covering computers, communications and gaming devices. Indicators include:
Industry value (US$bn); population (mn); nominal GDP (US$bn); real GDP growth (%), GDP per capita, industrial production Index (% y-o-y ave.) unemployment % of labour force.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Consumer Electronics Business Environment Rankings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors and participants in the regional consumer electronics market. The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
Conditions in the Colombian consumer electronics market are set to deliver strong growth throughout our five-year forecast period, as improved labour market dynamics and stronger private consumption will lead to rapid uptake of smartphones and tablets. Similarly r ising credit growth to bolster private consumption levels will benefit consumer electronics products at the higher end of the market. This will allow vendors to tap into the relatively low penetration rates in key device categories such as PCs, smartphones and flat-panel TVs. One potential risk we highlight is the our expectation that oil revenues are set to head lower in the coming years, which will force the government into a decision between cutting spending or relaxing its fiscal consolidation targets . The Consumer Electronics and IT markets have benefitted greatly from social spending programs for tablet distribution and universal internet access, and a curtailed government budget would put pressure on these projects.
BMI Industry View
Table: Consumer Electronics Overview, 2010-2017
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
Industry Risk/Reward Ratings
Table: Latin America Risk/Reward Ratings
Table: PC Sales, 2010-2017
Table: AV Sales, 2010-2017
Table: Mobile Communications, 2010-2017
Table: Colombia's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
Table: Colombia's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
Table: Colombia's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
Table: Colombia's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
This report does not have a list of Companies Mentioned available
This report does not have a press release associated with it