Poland Information Technology Report Q2 2015
Headline Expenditure Projections
Key Trends And Developments
- Computer Hardware Sales: PLN12.4bn in 2015 to PLN14.1bn in 2018, compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.7% in local currency terms. The tablet boom will cool over the medium term after rapid diffusion of ownership, but the slowdown will in part be compensated for by stronger notebook and hybrid notebook sales.
- Software Sales: PLN5.6bn in 2015 to PLN6.4bn in 2018, CAGR of 5.1% in local currency terms. Enterprise software market will continue to grow as vendors target small and medium enterprises, with security software solutions potentially outperforming as regional security concerns heighten.
- IT Services Sales: PLN12.9bn in 2015 to PLN16.1bn in 2018, CAGR of 7.4% in local currency terms. Eurostat data for 2014 show low-level of cloud service adoption, which we believe will mean rapid growth over the medium term as supply, education levels and network infrastructure improve.
The situation in Ukraine has acted as a catalyst for states in Central and Eastern Europe to reconsider their security, both in terms of combat and cyber-security issues, with Russia often cited as a potential source of...
The Poland Information Technology Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering personal computers and software; semi-conductors, memory chips, integrated circuits and general components; the internet and IT solutions. It analyses analyses regulatory changes (licensing, customs and intellectual property protection) and competitive landscapes comparing IT companies by products, sales, market share, investments, projects and expansion strategies.
BMI's Poland Information Technology Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, IT associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the IT industry in Poland.
- Benchmark BMI's independent IT Industry forecasts for Poland to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and strategic business planning in the Polish IT market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Poland's IT sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes, and major deals, projects and investments in Poland.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMIs key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering IT, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the IT sector and within the broader telecommunications, political, economic and business environment.
BMI Industry Forecast
Historic data series (2010-2013) and forecasts to end-2019 for all key industry and economic indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
Information Technology Risk Reward Index
- IT Sector: Industry value (USDmn); IT sector contribution to GDP (%); value of hardware, software and services industry (USDmn); PC, peripherals and software imports and exports (USDmn); PC, peripherals and software sales (USDmn); number of PCs (000); PCs per 100 inhabitants; internet users (000); internet users per 100 inhabitants; broadband subscribers (000); broadband subscribers per 100 inhabitants.
- Economy: Economic growth (%); nominal GDP (USDbn); unemployment (%); interest rates (%); exchange rate (against USD).
BMIs Risk Reward Indices provide technology manufacturers, service providers, and IT vendors/leasing agents looking for opportunities in the region with a clear country-comparative assessment of a markets risks and potential rewards. Each of the country markets are scored using a sophisticated model that includes more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points to provide indices of highest to lowest appeal to investors, with each position explained.
Country Market Overview
Structure, size and value of the industry sectors including hardware, software and services; overview of the industry landscape and key players; assessment of the business operating environment and the latest regulatory developments and government authority.
BMI Macroeconomic Forecast
BMI forecasts for all headline macroeconomic indicators to end-2019 including real GDP growth, inflation, fiscal balance, trade balance, current account and external debt.
Full analysis of the competitive landscape within the hardware, software and services sectors.
Examines the competitive positioning and short- to medium-term business strategies of key industry players. Strategy is examined within the context of BMIs industry forecasts, our macroeconomic views and our understanding of the wider competitive landscape. The latest financial and operating statistics and key company developments are also incorporated within the company profiles, enabling a full evaluation of recent company performance and future growth prospects.
Cross-border analysis of country markets in the region, commenting on IT penetration (PC and internet) and market growth drivers (IT market size and IT market compound growth).
The information Technology Reports draw on an extensive network of primary sources, such as multilateral organisations, government departments, industry associations, chambers and company reports.
*Company profiles are not available for every country. Those reports instead contain information on the current activities of prominent companies operating in the market.
Poland's IT market has considerable medium term growth potential amid ongoing technology trends and a solid medium term economic outlook . Household purchasing power is being supported by a combination of low inflation and employment growth , and we expect rising incomes will drive retail hardware spending . Enterprise spending has a stronger outlook over the medium term, in part supported by the distribution of EU funds for ICT and information society-related initiatives. However, adoption of cloud services in the enterprise segment will deepen the market and accelerate spending growth. W e also point to the potential for Poland to become a regional cloud services hub if the expected harmonisation of data security and privacy regulations at the European level proceeds .
BMI Industry View
Table: IT Industry - Historical Data And Forecasts (Poland 2011-2018)
Table: Internet - Historical Data And Forecasts
Real GDP By Expenditure
Risks To Outlook
Table: Economic Activity (Poland 2009-2018)
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
Table: Europe IT Risk/Reward Ratings, Q414
Industry Trends And Developments
Table: Government Authority
Table: Microsoft Poland
Table: Dell Poland
Table: SAP Polska
Table: Cyfrowy Polsat SA
IT Regional Market Overview - Europe, Q314
Table: Poland's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
Table: Poland's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
Table: Poland's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
Table: Poland's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
Industry Forecast Methodology
Risk/Reward Ratings Methodology
Table: It Risk/Reward Ratings Indicators
Table: Weighting Of Components
This report does not have a list of Companies Mentioned available
This report does not have a press release associated with it