Heating Appliances in Canada
Sunbeam continued to lead the category with its Sunbeam brand at the forefront, while Honeywell followed in second place on the strength of its Honeywell brand. Sunbeam took its leadership position largely from extensive distribution and a strong position in high volume retailers Wal-Mart and Canadian Tire. Sunbeam was reputed to have the best fulfilment rate in the Wal-Mart network for small appliances, indicating that it was always in stock and on shelves, particularly during discount and promotion periods, which is something that did not apply to other brands.
Heating appliances is expected to go through some correction in the coming years, as the cold winter quarters of 2013 and 2014 drove sales and increased household penetration for portable heaters. In addition to penetration rates among primary households increasing, usage among secondary residences and alternative spaces, such as work, garage and sheds, rose. Essentially, many heaters that would be bought have already been bought. Year-on-year growth will be modest over the forecast period once this correction is integrated in the post-2013/2014 winter season.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Heating Appliances industry in Canada with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Heating Appliances industry in Canada, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Heating Appliances in Canada market research report includes:
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Reasons to Get this Report
- What is the market size of Heating Appliances in Canada?
- What are the major brands in Canada?
- Are central heating units inhibiting potential growth for electric fires?
- Has innovation in panel heaters led to an upturn in fortunes for the category?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
The first quarter of 2014 continued the unseasonably cold temperatures from Q4 2013, driving sales of heaters in Canada. Despite homes having central furnace and heating systems in place, heaters were purchased for additional spaces, such as workplace use, holiday properties and garages and sheds. Many homes have poor airflow in basements which prompts use of heating appliances during periods of extreme cold.
HAMILTON BEACH BRANDS CANADA INC IN CONSUMER APPLIANCES (CANADA)
LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
Summary 1 Hamilton Beach Brands Canada Inc: Key Facts
Summary 2 Hamilton Beach Brands Canada Inc: Competitive Position 2014
This report does not have a list of Companies Mentioned available
This report does not have a press release associated with it