Greece Infrastructure Report Q1 2015
Key Developments and Forecasts Include:
- Hong Kong based COSCO Pacific has agreed to invest EUR230mn in the Piraeus Port, boosting capacity from 3.7mn twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs) to 6.2mn TEUs.
- The European Investment Bank has approved funds worth EUR815mn for transport and energy projects in Greece, including the construction of 239km of highways and improvements to the country's electricity transmission network.
- The residential construction sector will remain depressed as activity and key indicators suggest further contraction ahead; we forecast declines of 6.3% and 14.8% for 2015 and 2016 respectively.
- Greece's transport infrastructure sector is forecast to return to growth in 2015, with a year-on-year increase 1.6% expect, though the project pipeline remains weak.
- Construction of TAP in 2015 will lead to a substantial 49.8% real value increase of the oil and gas pipeline infrastructure industry.
- Overall we are forecasting growth of 3.8% in Greece's construction sector, to EUR2.6bn, far below the 2006 peak of EUR16.3bn.
The Greece Infrastructure Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and forecasts covering public procurement and spending on all major infrastructure and construction projects, including transportation and logistics by land, sea and air; power plants and utilities, and commercial construction and property development. The report analyses the impact of regulatory changes and the macroeconomic outlook and features competitive intelligence on contractors and suppliers.
BMI's Greece Infrastructure Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Greek infrastructure and construction industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent infrastructure industry forecasts for Greece to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the Greek infrastructure market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Greek infrastructure sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Greece.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering infrastructure and construction, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant multinational and national company developments.
These are broken down into Construction (social, commercial and residential), Transport (roads, railways, ports, airports etc), and Energy & Utilities (powerplants, renewable projects, pipelines and so on).
Analysis of latest projects across the infrastructure sector (covering the transport, utilities and commercial construction sub-sectors) - including:
Market Overview:Analysis of the key elements driving developments, including evaluations of current capacity and future requirements.
Building Materials Overview
The building materials overview provides industry trend analysis on the global and regional demands for building materials and the impact of this on the emerging and developed markets.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Infrastructure Business Environment Rankings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (construction companies, suppliers and partners) in the regional infrastructure market.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industry, economic and demographic data point.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the infrastructure and construction sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMI Industry & Economic Forecasts
Historic data series (2008-2012) and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry and economic indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key risks to the main forecast. Indicators include:
Construction: Industry value (US$bn); contribution to GDP (%); employment (`000); real growth (%).
Infrastructure: Value (US$bn); contribution to construction industry (%); real growth (%) of transport infrastructure (broken down by railways, airports, roads and bridges, ports and harbours) and energy and utilities (broken down by power plants and transmission grids, oil and gas pipelines, and water infrastructure).
Economy: Economic growth (%); nominal GDP (US$bn); unemployment (%); interest rates (%); exchange rate (against US$).
Examines the competitive positioning and short- to medium-term business strategies of key industry players. Strategy is examined within the context of BMI's industry forecasts, our macroeconomic views and our understanding of the wider competitive landscape to generate SWOT analyses. The latest financial and operating statistics and key company developments are also incorporated within the company profiles, enabling a full evaluation of recent company performance and future growth prospects.
A forecasted return to economic growth in Greece and the commencement of several major infrastructure projects are behind our forecasts for growth in the country's construction sector from 2015 onwards. Although the residential sector will remain subdued until 2017, the launch of the first phase of the Trans Adriatic Pipeline (TAP) in 2015 and the privatisation of a range of regional airports will provide a boost to construction sector activity in the short term. Over the longer term the construction sector as a whole remains subdued, undermined by a weak domestic economy and extensive barriers to investment.
BMI Industry View
Construction And Infrastructure Forecast Scenario
Table: Construction And Infrastructure Industry Data (Greece 2012-2017)
Table: Construction And Infrastructure Industry Data (Greece 2018-2023)
Construction And Infrastructure Forecast Scenario
Transport Infrastructure - Outlook And Overview
Table: Transport Infrastructure Industry Data (Greece 2012-2017)
Table: Transport Infrastructure Industry Data (Greece 2018-2023)
Transport Infrastructure Outlook And Overview
Major Projects Table - Transport
Energy And Utilities Infrastructure - Outlook And Overview
Table: Energy And Utilities Infrastructure Data (Greece 2012-2017)
Table: Energy And Utilities Infrastructure Data (Greece 2018-2023)
Energy & Utilities Outlook And Overview
Table: Fast Tracked Projects of Common Interest - Greece
Table: Major Projects Table - Energy & Utilities
Residential/NonResidential Building - Outlook And Overview
Table: Residential and Non-Residential Building Industry Data (Greece 2012-2017)
Table: Residential and Non-Residential Building Industry Data (Greece 2018-2023)
Table: Major Projects Table - Residential and Non-Residential Construction
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
Greece - Infrastructure Risk/Reward Ratings
North America and Western Europe - Infrastructure Risk/Reward Ratings
Table: Infrastructure Risk/Reward Ratings
GEK Terna S
Global Industry Overview
Global Infrastructure Overview
Industry Forecast Methodology
Risk/Reward Rating Methodology
Table: Infrastructure Risk/Reward Rating Indicators
Table: Weighting Of Indicators
This report does not have a list of Companies Mentioned available
This report does not have a press release associated with it