Egypt Information Technology Report Q1 2015
Headline Expenditure Projections
Key Trends And Developments
- Computer Hardware Sales: EGP6.950bn in 2014 to EGP7.78bn in 2015, up 11.5% in local currency terms. Low-cost tablets continue to be the largest category by volume but we also expect growth in notebook and hybrid volumes in 2015.
- Software Sales: EGP2.51bn in 2014 to EGP2.98bn in 2015, up 20.4% in local currency terms. Enterprise software spending growth expected to accelerate as a wider range of SaaS options become available in Egypt, with greater affordability expected to be the trigger for more widespread adoption.
- IT Services Sales: EGP3.46bn in 2014 to EGP4.61bn in 2015, up 20.3% in local currency terms. The growth of the local outsourcing and software development industry is key to IT services growth, further supported by rising public and private sector demand for cloud-based infrastructure and platform services.
Despite the widespread disruption caused by the political uncertainty and instability of recent years, BMI considers the government to have continued making a positive...
The Egypt Information Technology Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering personal computers and software; semi-conductors, memory chips, integrated circuits and general components; the internet and IT solutions. It analyses analyses regulatory changes (licensing, customs and intellectual property protection) and competitive landscapes comparing IT companies by products, sales, market share, investments, projects and expansion strategies.
BMI's Egypt Information Technology Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, IT associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the IT industry in Egypt.
- Benchmark BMI's independent IT Industry forecasts for Egypt to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and strategic business planning in the Egyptian IT market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Egypt's IT sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes, and major deals, projects and investments in Egypt.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering IT, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments.
Cross-border analysis of regional markets, commenting on IT penetration (PC and internet) and market growth drivers (IT market size and IT market compound growth).
Country Market Overview
Structure, size and value of the industry sectors including hardware, software and services; overview of the industry landscape and key players; assessment of the business operating environment and the latest regulatory developments and government authority.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
IT Sector: IT industry value (US$bn); IT sector contribution to GDP (%); value of hardware, software and services industry (US$mn); PC, peripherals and software imports and exports (US$mn); PC, peripherals and software sales (US$mn); number of PCs (`000); PCs/100 inhabitants; internet users (`000); internet users per 100 inhabitants; broadband subscribers (`000); broadband subscribers per 100 inhabitants.
Economy: Economic growth (%); nominal GDP (US$bn); unemployment (%); interest rates (%); exchange rate (against US$).
BMI Macroeconomic Forecast
BMI forecasts for all headline macroeconomic indicators to end-2018 including real GDP growth, inflation, fiscal balance, trade balance, current account and external debt.
Full analysis of the competitive landscape within the hardware, software and services sectors.
Examines the competitive positioning and short- to medium-term business strategies of key industry players. Strategy is examined within the context of BMI's industry forecasts, our macroeconomic views and our understanding of the wider competitive landscape. The latest financial and operating statistics and key company developments are also incorporated within the company profiles, enabling a full evaluation of recent company performance and future growth prospects.
A combination of a more stable domestic political and economic environment, combined with a supportive policy environment, underpins our positive medium - term outlook for the development of Egypt's IT market . However , in the short term downside risk remains due to Egypt's fragile politi cal and economic environment . Additionally , the potential reduction of financial support to Egypt from Gulf states could weigh on growth over the short term. However, over the medium term growth will be driven by trends such as the develop ment of Egypt as a hub between the Middle East and Africa , the growth of the outsourcing industry and cloud computing adoption . Our generally positive outlook is also underpinned by a low penetration of PCs and IT services , which BMI expects vendors to capitalise on as private consumption growth gradually gains momentum over the five years to 2018.
BMI Industry View
Table: IT Industry - Historical Data And Forecasts (Egypt 2011-2018)
Table: Telecoms Sector - Wireline - Historical Data & Forecasts (Egypt 2011-2018)
Investment To Drive Uptick In Growth
Table: GDP By Expenditure (Egypt 2011-2018)
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
Table: MEA IT Risk/Reward Ratings Table, Q414
Industry Trends And Developments
Table: Government Authorities
Table: Samsung Electronics
Table: VertiKa Programming
Table: Benha Electronics (Katron)
Table: Revenue By Division (EGPmn)
Table: Raya Holdings Handset Business
Table: Egypt's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
Table: Egypt's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
Table: Egypt's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
Table: Egypt's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
Industry Forecast Methodology
Risk/Reward Ratings Methodology
Table: It Risk/Reward Ratings Indicators
Table: Weighting Of Components
This report does not have a list of Companies Mentioned available
This report does not have a press release associated with it