Poland Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
Key Trends And Developments
- According to the operator data total mobile subscriptions in H114 reached 54.43mn, down 1.8% annually and 5.3% quarterly. The penetration rate increased also decreased to 139.8%, down from 142.4% a year earlierAverage revenue per user has trended downwards in 2012 and 2013, with operator performance hit by price erosion in a saturated market, mobile termination rate cuts, IP substitution and challenging economic conditions.
- The latest data from the European Commission show growth in dedicated mobile broadband subscriptions outperformed, up 21.2% year-on-year to 3.86mn at YE12, compared with a 3.5% increase in fixed broadband subscriptions to 7.123mn over the same period.
The digital dividend in Poland was hit by a delay in February 2014 when UKE cancelled the upcoming 4G spectrum auction due to 'technical problems'. Reportedly, participants had been unable to access clarifications of auction documentation for certain periods ahead of the February 6 deadline. This deadline was therefore extended to February 14, but in light of the reactions from potential participants, the UKE decided to cancel the auction to ensure there would be no room for legal doubt.
However, as positive news for the market, the regulator announced in October that 4G spectrum auctions will be held in November....
The Poland Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Poland's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Poland Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Poland.
- Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for Poland to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Polish telecoms market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Poland's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Poland.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts and views, covering the ICT, fixed-line, mobile (including 3G), internet and broadband markets.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the wireline and wireless sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Telecommunications Business Environment Rankings provides a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (vendors, operators and suppliers) in the regional telecoms market.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast.
Market Data Analysis
- Fixed-Line Telephony - Telephone lines ('000); telephone lines/100 inhabitants.
- Cellular Telephony - Mobile phone subscribers ('000); mobile phone subscribers/100 inhabitants; mobile phone subscribers/100 fixed line subscribers.
- Internet Markets - Internet users ('000); internet users/100 inhabitants; broadband internet subscribers ('000); broadband internet subscribers/100 inhabitants.
Detailed market analysis of the mobile, mobile content, fixed line and internet segments, broken down into:
- Market Data - Analysis of market size, operator shares, dominant trends, competitive landscape and key quarterly data.
- Technology/Service Rollout - Analysis of rollout/adoption of new technology, such as 3G, WiMAX, IPTV, pay-TV, LTE and value-added handset services (gaming, music, video, apps etc.).
- Mobile Content - The latest trends in content and services available and being introduced by mobile operators. Including a timeline of all the latest major mobile content developments.
- Company Database - A comprehensive breakdown of KPIs of the leading mobile operators, including subscriber figures by type (pre-paid and post-paid); 3G subscriber figures; net additions; market share; ARPU; churn rates; minutes of use; voice and non-voice revenue; financial figures (including operating revenues, net profits and EBITDA).
Details of the regulatory bodies and their responsibilities, as well as a special focus on the rules surrounding competition and interconnection. The latest updates in the market's development and regulatory rulings.
Examines the competitive positioning and short- to medium-term business strategies of key industry players. Strategy is examined within the context of BMI's industry forecasts, our macroeconomic views and our understanding of the wider competitive landscape to generate Company SWOT analyses.
The latest financial and operating statistics and key company developments are also incorporated within the company profiles, enabling a full evaluation of recent company performance and future growth prospects.
Poland is one of the largest telecoms markets in Central and Eastern Europe, with vibrant competitio n across all market segments. High mobile penetration leads BMI to believe that the market will not have much scope for growth. Intense competition will also erode telecoms operator revenues. In the light of this, operators are targeting growth of high value, high-speed, fixed broadband subscription growth, as well as mobile broadband growth via dedicated subscriptions and smartphones . Two new services were introduced in the wireline sector, but BMI believes that they are unlikely to have a big impact on the market .
BMI Industry View
Table: Telecoms Sector - Mobile - Historical Data & Forecasts (Poland 2011-2018)
Table: Telecoms Sector - Wireline - Historical Data & Forecasts (Poland 2011-2018)
Table: Internet - Historical Data And Forecasts
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
Industry Risk/Reward Ratings
Table: Central & Eastern Europe Risk/Reward Ratings, Q414
Table: Poland Mobile Market Regional Comparisons, 2012
Table: Poland Wireless Market, March 2014
Table: Poland Subscriber Mix And Market Shares, Q114
Mobile Operator Data
Table: Poland Mobile Market Overview
Central And Eastern Europe Mobile Content
Converged Services Operator Tables
Table: Multimedia Polska
Industry Trends And Developments
Table: Selected Market Developments
Table: Regulatory Bodies And Their Responsibilities
Table: Selected Regulatory Developments
Table: Key Players
Table: Selected Operators Financial Indicators (US$mn)
T-Mobile (Polska Telefonia Cyfrowa)
Polkomtel (Plus GSM)
Table: ENT: Revenue By Business Segment (HRKmn)
Table: ENT: Revenue By Geography (HRKmn)
Table: Selected Contracts, 2013/14
Table: Poland's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
Table: Poland's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
Table: Poland's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
Table: Poland's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
Table: Glossary Of Terms
Industry Forecast Methodology
Risk/Reward Ratings Methodology
Table: Risk/Reward Ratings Indicators
Table: Weighting Of Indicators
This report does not have a list of Companies Mentioned available
This report does not have a press release associated with it