Poland Information Technology Report Q4 2014
Headline Expenditure Projections
The Poland Information Technology Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering personal computers and software; semi-conductors, memory chips, integrated circuits and general components; the internet and IT solutions. It analyses analyses regulatory changes (licensing, customs and intellectual property protection) and competitive landscapes comparing IT companies by products, sales, market share, investments, projects and expansion strategies.
- Computer Hardware Sales: PLN12.6bn in 2014 to PLN15.1bn in 2018, compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.6% in local currency terms. Forecast raised slightly due to evidence of uptick in enterprise upgrades following the withdrawal of Microsoft support for XP in April 2014. Software Sales: PLN5.5bn in 2014 to PLN6.9bn in 2018, CAGR of 5.8% in local currency terms. Enterprise software market will continue to grow as vendors target small and medium enterprises, with security software solutions potentially outperforming as regional security concerns heighten.
- IT Services Sales: PLN12.6bn in 2014 to PLN17.3bn in 2018, CAGR of 8.2% in local currency terms. Cloud computing will be the leading growth area, particularly if Poland benefits from the harmonization of EU data regulations, but there are also notable opportunities in...
BMI's Poland Information Technology Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, IT associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the IT industry in Poland.
- Benchmark BMI's independent IT Industry forecasts for Poland to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and strategic business planning in the Polish IT market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Poland's IT sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes, and major deals, projects and investments in Poland.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering IT, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments.
Cross-border analysis of regional markets, commenting on IT penetration (PC and internet) and market growth drivers (IT market size and IT market compound growth).
Country Market Overview
Structure, size and value of the industry sectors including hardware, software and services; overview of the industry landscape and key players; assessment of the business operating environment and the latest regulatory developments and government authority.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
IT Sector: IT industry value (US$bn); IT sector contribution to GDP (%); value of hardware, software and services industry (US$mn); PC, peripherals and software imports and exports (US$mn); PC, peripherals and software sales (US$mn); number of PCs (`000); PCs/100 inhabitants; internet users (`000); internet users per 100 inhabitants; broadband subscribers (`000); broadband subscribers per 100 inhabitants.
Economy: Economic growth (%); nominal GDP (US$bn); unemployment (%); interest rates (%); exchange rate (against US$).
BMI Macroeconomic Forecast
BMI forecasts for all headline macroeconomic indicators to end-2018 including real GDP growth, inflation, fiscal balance, trade balance, current account and external debt.
Full analysis of the competitive landscape within the hardware, software and services sectors.
Examines the competitive positioning and short- to medium-term business strategies of key industry players. Strategy is examined within the context of BMI's industry forecasts, our macroeconomic views and our understanding of the wider competitive landscape. The latest financial and operating statistics and key company developments are also incorporated within the company profiles, enabling a full evaluation of recent company performance and future growth prospects.
We see Poland as one of the most attractive IT markets in the region over the medium term based on its untapped potential amid ongoing technology trends and are becoming increasingly bullish as our strong macroeconomic outlook plays out. Household purchasing power is being supported by a combination of low inflation and employment growth , and we expect rising incomes will drive retail hardware spending . H owever in the short-term the rapid transition in consumer spending away from notebooks to low-cost tablets, will sustain unit sales growth but squeeze the total value of sales. Enterprise and government spending has a stronger outlook over the medium term, in part supported by the distribution of EU funds for ICT and information society-related initiatives. Meanwhile, we also point to the potential for not only domestic cloud services, but also for Poland to become a regional cloud services hub following the expected harmonisation of data security and privacy regulations. Companies such as Cloud Technologies SA will be well-placed to take advantage of these trends.
BMI Industry View
Table: IT Industry - Historical Data And Forecasts (Poland 2011-2018)
Table: Internet - Historical Data And Forecasts
Real GDP By Expenditure Breakdown
Risks To Outlook
Table: Economic Activity (Poland 2009-2018)
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
Table: Europe IT Risk/Reward Ratings, Q314
Industry Trends And Developments
Table: Government Authority
Table: Microsoft Poland
Table: Dell Poland
Table: SAP Polska
Table: Cyfrowy Polsat SA
IT Regional Market Overview - Europe, Q314
Table: Poland's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
Table: Poland's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
Table: Poland's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
Table: Poland's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
Industry Forecast Methodology
Risk/Reward Ratings Methodology
Table: It Risk/Reward Ratings Indicators
Table: Weighting Of Components
This report does not have a list of Companies Mentioned available
This report does not have a press release associated with it