Czech Republic Telecommunications Report Q1 2015
Key Trends And Developments
- Mobile subscription growth is decelerating after the boost in 2012 and H113 following the arrival of MVNOs. Total subscriptions increased 1.1% y-o-y to almost 14.4mn Q214, compared to 2.9% y-o-y growth to Q213.
- Mobile ARPU rates were down sharply in 2012 and 2013 due to MTR cuts and price competition but operator data indicates stabilisation in H114.
- The broadband market was the fastest growth market in 2012 and 2013, with high speed cable and fibre subscriptions seeing the fastest up-take at the expense of DSL providers.
In August 2014 Czech investment firm PPF Group was reported to be planning to split O2 Czech Republic into two parts. As per the plan, PPF is reportedly considering separating the operator's fixed line and infrastructure business into one unit and...
The Czech Republic Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Czech Republic's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Czech Republic Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Czech Republic.
- Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for Czech Republic to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Czech telecoms market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Czech Republic's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Czech Republic.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts and views, covering the ICT, fixed-line, mobile (including 3G), internet and broadband markets.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the wireline and wireless sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
Business Environment Ratings
BMI's Telecommunications Business Environment Ratings provides a country-comparative Risk-Reward Ratings index aimed at investors (vendors, operators and suppliers) in the regional telecoms market.
The ratings methodology makes sophisticated use of more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2017 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast.
Market Data Analysis
- Fixed-Line Telephony - Telephone lines ('000); telephone lines/100 inhabitants.
- Cellular Telephony - Mobile phone subscribers ('000); mobile phone subscribers/100 inhabitants; mobile phone subscribers/100 fixed line subscribers.
- Internet Markets - Internet users ('000); internet users/100 inhabitants; broadband internet subscribers ('000); broadband internet subscribers/100 inhabitants.
Detailed market analysis of the mobile, mobile content, fixed line and internet segments, broken down into:
- Market Data - Analysis of market size, operator shares, dominant trends, competitive landscape and key quarterly data.
- Technology/Service Rollout - Analysis of rollout/adoption of new technology, such as 3G, WiMAX, IPTV, pay-TV, LTE and value-added handset services (gaming, music, video, apps etc.).
- Mobile Content - The latest trends in content and services available and being introduced by mobile operators. Including a timeline of all the latest major mobile content developments.
- Company Database - A comprehensive breakdown of KPIs of the leading mobile operators, including subscriber figures by type (pre-paid and post-paid); 3G subscriber figures; net additions; market share; ARPU; churn rates; minutes of use; voice and non-voice revenue; financial figures (including operating revenues, net profits and EBITDA).
Details of the regulatory bodies and their responsibilities, as well as a special focus on the rules surrounding competition and interconnection. The latest updates in the market's development and regulatory rulings.
Examines the competitive positioning and short- to medium-term business strategies of key industry players. Strategy is examined within the context of BMI's industry forecasts, our macroeconomic views and our understanding of the wider competitive landscape to generate Company SWOT analyses.
The latest financial and operating statistics and key company developments are also incorporated within the company profiles, enabling a full evaluation of recent company performance and future growth prospects.
The Czech Republic telecoms market is one of the most advanced in Central and Eastern Europe, with high penetration of both voice and data services . However operators are now facing challenging conditions as price pressures threaten margins . The market has been under many of the same pressures as in neighbouring countries with market saturation; regulatory factors, such as cuts to mobile termination rates; and the impact of the eurozone crisis on macroeconomic performance acting as drags on performance. Furthermore, t he market is in a period of change with the arrival of MVNOs from 2012 and the regulator's efforts to attract a fourth operator into the market. These pro-competition measures should provide a boost to growth and innovation in a market that already contains a number of major international players including T-Mobile and Vodafone in mobile, and UPC in wireline. However, significant opportunities remain, not least in the booming wireless data market after LTE spectrum was auctioned in November 2013, and VAS opportunities arising from the rapid proliferation of smartphone ownership.
BMI Industry View
Table: Telecoms Sector - Mobile - Historical Data & Forecasts (Czech Republic 2011-2018)
Table: Telecoms Sector - Wireline - Historical Data & Forecasts (Czech Republic 2011-2018)
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
Table: CEE Telecoms Risk/Rewards Ratings, Q314
Table: Czech Republic Mobile Market Regional Comparisons, 2013
Mobile Content/Value-Added Services
Mobile Contract Wins
Table: Mobile Contract Wins
Mobile Operator Data
Table: Market Overview
Table: Telef-nica O2 Czech Republic
Table: Vodafone Czech Republic
Central And Eastern Europe Mobile Content
Table: Wireline Developments (2010-2011)
Converged Service Operator Tables
Table: Telef-nica Czech Republic
Industry Trends And Developments
Table: Czech Republic - Electronic Communications Regulatory Bodies And Their Responsibilities
Table: Key Players - Czech Republic Telecoms Sector
Telef-nica O2 Czech Republic
T-Mobile Czech Republic
Vodafone Czech Republic
Table: Ericsson Quarterly And Annual Results By Segment (SEKbn)
Table: The Czech Republic's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
Table: The Czech Republic's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
Table: The Czech Republic's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
Table: The Czech Republic's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
Table: Glossary Of Terms
Industry Forecast Methodology
Risk/Reward Ratings Methodology
Table: Risk/Reward Ratings Indicators
Table: Weighting Of Indicators
This report does not have a list of Companies Mentioned available
This report does not have a press release associated with it