Headline Industry Data
- Food consumption value (local currency) growth (y-o-y) in 2014: +18.2%; compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to 2018: +14.3%
- Per capita food consumption value (local currency) growth (y-o-y) in 2014: +18.8%; CAGR to 2018: +14.8%
- Alcoholic drinks value (local currency) sales growth (y-o-y) in 2014: +24.3%; CAGR to 2018: +15.6%
- Alcoholic drinks volume sales (litre) growth (y-o-y) in 2014: +4.8%; CAGR to 2018: +3.2%
Key Company Trends
- In 2014, the US food processing equipment supplier SPX has won a USD28mn contract from Belarus-based Biocom to supply dairy processing system for its Nesvizh Baby Food Factory in Belarus. Under the terms of the contract, SPX will provide Biocom with a turnkey dairy processing system featuring a range of solutions using ultrafiltration and infusion technologies. The system will comprise an array of highly engineered SPX equipment, including homogenisers, separators, plate and scraped surface heat exchangers, bacteria clarifiers, pumps, valves, membrane technology, extended shelf life technology with microfiltration and ultra high temperature tubular infusion plants.
- In August 2013, Belarus imposed temporary restrictions on all dairy products produced by Fonterra in the wake of the firm's botulism scare. The move came after Fonterra announced that a protein concentrate produced for infant formula and animal feed might be infected with the Colstridium botulinum bacteria. Fonterra exports USD133mn of dairy goods to Belarus, Russia and Kazakhstan.
- In February 2013, Belarus' President Alexander Lukashenko was...
The Belarus Food & Drink Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for food and drink expenditure, consumption, sales, and imports/exports and forecasts for the mass grocery retail sector. The report also includes analyses of major regulatory developments, the background macroeconomic outlook and competitive landscape comparing national and multinational companies by leading products and services, sales, investments, partners and expansion strategies.
BMI's Belarus Food & Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the food and drink industry and the mass grocery retail market in Belarus.Key Benefits
CoverageBMI Industry View
- Benchmark BMI's independent food and drink industry forecasts for Belarus to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Belarusian food and drink market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Belarus through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments.
- Exploit latest competitive intelligence on your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, and views, covering food and drink manufacturing and consumption and the retail market.Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Food & Drink Business Environment Rankings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors, food and drink manufacturers and mass grocery retailers.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the food, drink and mass grocery retail sectors, and within the broader political, economic and business environment.Food Forecasts
BMI's food chapter is divided into sections such as Meat, Fish, Confectionary, Dairy and Canned Foods, and provides insight into a market's food industry, centred on a forecast to end-2018 for the sector. The chapter includes the following elements:
Industry Forecast Scenario - Historical data series and forecasts to end-2018 for growth of key indicators within a market's food industry. Including consumption, food consumption as % of GDP, canned food sales, confectionery sales and food and drink imports and exports, among others.
Industry Developments - A summary of corporate developments, including news on M&As, FDI, expansions, closures and financial results, in addition to analysis and explanation of the latest industry events and how these could influence further investment.
Market Overview - An overview of the structure of the market, introducing the key players and discussing underlying trends.Drink Forecasts
Segmented the same way as BMI's food chapter, the drink section provides insight into the market's drink industry, centred on a forecast to end-2018 for the sector. Forecast indicators include alcoholic and soft drink sales by value, volume and sub-sector and tea and coffee sales, among others.Mass Grocery Retail Forecasts
Segmented the same way as BMI's food and drink chapters, the mass grocery retail section provides insight into a market's grocery retail industry, centred on a forecast to end-201 for the sector. Forecast indicators include mass grocery retail sales by format (including supermarkets, hypermarkets, convenience and discount stores) and a breakdown for the organised retail sector versus the traditional sector, among others.Competitive Landscape & Profiles
Illustration of the industry via rankings tables comparing revenues, number of outlets and number of employees. BMI analyses each company's market position, business strategies and investment potential.
The Belarusian economy will receive a boost over the remainder of 2014 and into 2015 as agricultural exports to Russia increase in the wake of the Kremlin's ban on Western food imports. However, the increased food exports to Russia are expected to maintain the consumer price inflation elevated on the back of food supply shortages thus suppressing private consumption growth .