Cigars are dominated by five main distributors, which held a combined volume share of 89% in 2013. These players include both multinationals and domestic companies. Tabak-Invest was the clear leader of cigars as it held a 48% volume share in 2013. This Czech company is the exclusive official importer of Cuban cigars by Corporación Habanos SA to the Czech Republic (and also to Slovakia and Hungary). It distributes a wide range of well-established brands such as Romeo y Julieta, Montecristo, Hoyo de Monterrey, Cohiba and Partagás.Industry Prospects
It is expected that cigars will see moderate but relatively stable volume growth of 6% over the forecast period to reach 29 million units by 2018. In comparison with the review period, this performance represents a significant improvement as volume sales of cigars registered a drop of 6% over the review period. The outbreak of the financial crisis in 2009 brought a temporary decrease in sales of cigars as Czech consumers focused on cost reduction during these years. Nevertheless, as the economic situation is expected to get better and the purchasing power of Czechs will grow, increasing demand for cigars is predicted to be seen over the forecast period.Report Overview
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Cigars industry in Czech Republic with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Cigars industry in Czech Republic, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.The Cigars in Czech Republic market research report includes:
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Reasons to Get this Report
- What is the market size of Cigars in Czech Republic?
- What are the major brands in Czech Republic?
- What are the main distribution channels for cigars in Czech Republic and which are performing well?
- What is the proportion of hand-made versus machine manufactured cigars in Czech Republic?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Cigarillos, Cigars Excluding Cigarillos.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
There is a long tradition of smoking cigars in the Czech Republic. The first cigars appeared in Bohemia in the 18th century and became popular very quickly. During the communist era, cigars from Cuba were mainly available in the country. Since that time, Czech consumers know cigars under the name havano and use this name as a synonym for cigars.