Within a sharply declining category, Scandinavian Tobacco Group strengthened its leadership in 2013, claiming a 53% volume share, up from 52% the previous year. Scandinavian Tobaccos strategy was focused on expanding its brands within the mid-priced and economy segments. In fact, its position within cigarillos was even stronger with a 64% volume share.Industry Prospects
Premium cigars will remain a small but steady niche in Belgium over the next five years. However, this alone will not be enough for the category to reverse its negative trend. In fact, cigars is predicted a further decline in volume terms to 2018.Report Overview
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Cigars industry in Belgium with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Cigars industry in Belgium, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.The Cigars in Belgium market research report includes:
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Reasons to Get this Report
- What is the market size of Cigars in Belgium?
- What are the major brands in Belgium?
- What are the main distribution channels for cigars in Belgium and which are performing well?
- What is the proportion of hand-made versus machine manufactured cigars in Belgium?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Cigarillos, Cigars Excluding Cigarillos.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Belgium has a long tradition of cigar smoking, in particular standard cigars and cigarillos, and is one of the biggest cigarillo consumers in Europe. The country used to be an important cigar producer. The cigar category in Belgium is dominated by cigars that weigh less than 3g. The consumption of cigars and cigarillos remains almost exclusively the domain of male smokers, and is dominated by mass-market products. The largest consumer group comprises men aged 35-54. Female cigar smokers in Belgium are relatively uncommon, accounting for less than 1% of the female population. Female consumers tend to prefer flavoured cigarillos.