Four strong multinationals continued to dominate Czech cigarettes, accounting for a combined volume share of 92% in 2013. Philip Morris CR led sales of cigarettes with a 47% volume share, followed by British American Tobacco CR with 21%. Imperial Tobacco CR ranked third with a 15% share and the fourth-ranked player, JT International, accounted for 9% of volume sales in 2013.Industry Prospects
It is expected that the decline of volume sales of cigarettes will continue over the forecast period and the performance will be very similar to that of the review period. Cigarettes is predicted to see a volume drop of 11% over the forecast period to reach 18.3 billion sticks by 2018. The main reasons behind this decline will be the overall economic climate, rising health awareness among Czechs, anti-smoking campaigns and further tax (and thus price) rises.Report Overview
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Cigarettes industry in Czech Republic with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Cigarettes industry in Czech Republic, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.The Cigarettes in Czech Republic market research report includes:
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports, and exports of finished cigarettes
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Reasons to Get this Report
- What is the market size of Cigarettes in Czech Republic?
- What are the major brands in Czech Republic?
- What is the legislative environment like in Czech Republic?
- What are the rates of cigarette taxation in Czech Republic?
- Do premium, mid-price or economy cigarettes dominate in Czech Republic?
- What is the rate of illicit trade in Czech Republic?
- How many smokers are there in the country?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: High Tar Cigarettes, Low Tar Cigarettes, Mid Tar Cigarettes, Ultra Low Tar Cigarettes.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Factors that shaped the cigarettes category in the Czech Republic in 2012 continued to be of influence in 2013. Firstly, consumption of cigarettes continued to decline in the country, while further price increases of cigarettes drove value sales growth in 2013. Secondly, demand for cheaper cigarettes remained strong and even strengthened further in 2013. The ongoing worsened economic situation in the country, an effort of consumers to economise and constant price increases resulted in a significant shift from mid-priced or even premium-priced brands to economy-priced bands at the end of the review period. As a result of this trend, producers started to launch variants of their strong brands in lower price bands than the brand was positioned originally.