The Egyptian Co for International Touristic Projects led full-service restaurants in 2013 with a 4% value share. The company benefits from high levels of brand recognition as it franchises international brands such as TGI Fridays and Pizza Hut. These chains operate extensive outlet networks across Egypt and, unlike many rival chains, neither of these chains is restricted to the Greater Cairo and Alexandria areas. The companys portfolio of franchises is quite diverse and varied and this enables it to appeal to a wide range of consumers at all income levels.Industry Prospects
Full-service restaurants is expected to increase in value at a CAGR of 3% in constant 2013 terms over the forecast period, a substantially stronger rate of growth than the value CAGR of -1% recorded in the category in constant 2013 terms over the course of the review period. While it is true that the categorys consumer base has largely been unaffected by the economic turmoil which Egypt has faced since the 2011 revolution, it is unlikely that this prosperous demographic will grow much in terms of size over the course of the forecast period. Thus, full-service restaurants is likely to continue shifting and developing in response to local demand, although the appeal of these outlets is likely to remain quite narrow.Report Overview
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Full-Service Restaurants industry in Egypt with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Full-Service Restaurants industry in Egypt, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.The Full-Service Restaurants in Egypt market research report includes:
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Reasons to Get this Report
- What is the market size of Full-Service Restaurants in Egypt?
- What are the major brands in Egypt?
- What cuisine type (Latin American, Asian, North American etc.) is most popular in full-service restaurants in Egypt?
- How prevalent is casual dining in Egypt and how is this category expected to grow over the next five years?
- How fragmented is the full-service restaurant industry in Egypt?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Chained Full-Service Restaurants, Full-Service Restaurants by Casual vs Non-Casual, Full-Service Restaurants by Type, Independent Full-Service Restaurants.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
As the income levels of Egypts high-income consumers have been relatively unaffected by the economic turmoil which has plagued the country in recent years and many affluent Egyptians are very keen to maintain their lavish lifestyles, full-service restaurants is a category which has been largely unaffected by the negative impact of the civil unrest which has plagued Egypt for the past three years. Current value growth in the category in 2013 was as high as 10%, a rate of growth which was higher than the 9% current value CAGR recorded in the category over the entire review period.