Headline Expenditure Projections
- Computer hardware sales: USD2.15bn in 2013 to USD2.22bn in 2014, up 3.5% in US dollar terms. Tablets set to gain traction as operators encourage take-up of 4G services, putting further pressure on notebook sales. Desktop sales supported by demand in defense and IT sectors.
- AV sales: USD533mn in 2013 to USD562mn in 2014, up 5.6% in US dollar terms. Driven by sales of Sony and Microsoft's consoles and smart TVs.
- Handset sales: Outperforming segment of the consumer electronics market, rising 9.4% between 2013 and 2014 to USD1.286mn, as the launch of LTE networks in H214 pushes demand for 4G smartphones.
Key Trends And Developments
Israeli mobile operators Pelephone, Partner Communications and Cellcom all launched limited 4G networks between mid-July and early August 2014. Cellcom and Partner have re-farmed existing spectrum in the 1800MHz band to support their 4G network, while Pelephone has launched its network over spectrum on loan from the Ministry of Communications (MOC), pending a 4G spectrum auction expected to take place before the end of the year. The MOC has allowed the three mobile operators to launch limited 4G service on the condition that they offer it for free...
The Israel Consumer Electronics Report has been researched at source and features latest-available data covering both the manufacture and sale of consumer electronics products, critically analysing - and forecasting - the market dynamics affecting each sub-sector, including audio-visual, computers, mobile handsets, gaming and automotives electronics. Furthermore, the report analyses the domestic and global economic trends driving device demand and provides company rankings and competitive landscapes covering leading multinational and national consumer electronics companies and analysis of latest industry news and trends in Israel.
Business Monitor International (BMI)'s Israel Consumer Electronics Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the consumer electronics industry in Israel.Key Benefits
CoverageBMI Industry View
- Benchmark BMI's independent consumer electronics industry forecasts for Israel to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Israeli consumer electronics market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Israel through our reviews of latest industry trends and major deals, projects and investments.
- Exploit the latest competitive intelligence with company SWOT analyses.
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering consumer electronics, major investments and projects.Consumer Electronics Market
Analysis of the size of the domestic market for electronics products, with in-depth assessment and data covering the dynamics driving each sub-sector; audio-visual, computers, mobile phone handsets and gaming devices, as well as demand for automotives electronics.Electronics Industry
Analysis and data of the domestic electronics manufacturing sector. We assess the regulatory and business operational issues facing manufacturers - including openness to foreign investment, infrastructure, IP issues and the global demand context - and their impact on the production of electronics goods, which is again broken down via market sub-sectors.Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry and economic indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key risks to the main forecast, covering computers, communications and gaming devices. Indicators include:
Industry value (US$bn); population (mn); nominal GDP (US$bn); real GDP growth (%), GDP per capita, industrial production Index (% y-o-y ave.) unemployment % of labour force.Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Consumer Electronics Business Environment Rankings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors and participants in the regional consumer electronics market. The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
Israel is one of the most developed consumer electronics markets in the Middle East, with the launch of 4G networks supporting rising demand for smartphone s and tablets in 2014 . In addition, Israel continues to attract considerable investment from global IT and consumer electronics firms owing to its vibrant start-up market, skilled workforce and high government spending on defense and intelligence services . However, the implementation of government austerity policies and eruption of violence in Gaza has weakened consumer confidence , posing a downside risk to our otherwise positive outlook. We forecast average annual growth of 3.9% in Israel's consumer electronics market over the five years to 2018.