The clear leader in smoking tobacco in 2013 was British American Tobacco, with a 38% retail volume share. Second ranked was JTI Sweden with 25% followed by Scandinavian Tobacco Group with a 12% retail volume share. Scandinavian Tobacco Group dominated pipe tobacco with an 86% retail volume share in 2013. The company has been offering brands with strong presence for ages, and has had the same consumers who tend to stay loyal to their favourite brands. Greve Hamiltons has existed for nearly 100 years and the brands Caravelle and Borkum Riff date back to the 1960s.Industry Prospects
Retail volume sales of smoking tobacco are expected to see further decline over the forecast period mainly due to declining smoking prevalence and increasing health awareness. Another factor which supports this trend is that RYO tobacco is not a cheaper option than cigarettes due to the recent volume-based taxation, which is not expected to see any major changes in its structure in the future either.Report Overview
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in Sweden with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Sweden, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.The Smoking Tobacco in Sweden market research report includes:
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Reasons to Get this Report
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in Sweden?
- What are the major brands in Sweden?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Pipe Tobacco, RYO Tobacco.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Swedes do not traditionally use smoking tobacco and this tobacco product has always been relatively limited in the country compared to cigarettes or snus. RYO tobacco has never reached the same popularity level that it has in many other European countries and pipe tobacco is generally smoked by elderly men. The new and young generation shows even less interest in pipe tobacco than it does in cigars.