Domestic manufacturers maintained leading positions in analgesics in Romania in 2013, due to the traditional usage of lower-priced products. Zentiva SA, previously named Sicomed SA, maintained its outright lead in 2013, reaching a share of 21% in value terms. The company's most popular brands are Acetylsalicylic Acid, Ibalgin, Antinevralgic P and Paracetamol, together with Algocalmin, which switched to Rx in 2011.Industry Prospects
Value sales of analgesics at constant 2013 prices are expected to achieve a CAGR of 3% over the forecast period, benefiting from the existing strong level of self-medication in Romania and intense advertisement as either specifically targeted or systemic drugs. Both adult and paediatric analgesics are expected to exhibit similar growth patterns.Report Overview
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Analgesics industry in Romania with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Analgesics industry in Romania, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.The Analgesics in Romania market research report includes:
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Reasons to Get this Report
- What is the market size of Analgesics in Romania?
- What are the major brands in Romania?
- Are combination products with acetaminophen still popular?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Systemic Analgesics, Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Analgesics is strongly represented in OTC in Romania and self-medication trends play an important role in consumption. Sales of analgesics, in current value terms, accounted for 30% of the total sales of OTC products in Romania in 2013. An 11% rise in value sales of combination products in 2013 boosted the performance of overall analgesics. A switch of dipyrone/metamizol to Rx medication in 2011/2012 was partially responsible for the weaker performance of dipyrone even in 2013. Overall, sales of analgesics slowed down in 2013, increasing by 8% in value terms after rising by 12% in 2012.