With a 45% volume share held by its Old Holborn brand, JT International Hellas remained by far the leading player in smoking tobacco in 2013. Imperial Tobacco ranked second with an 18% volume share thanks to its Drum brand. Karelia Tobacco Co ranked third with a 15% share, and was also the company to witness the strongest growth in RYO tobacco, nearly tripling its volume sales in 2013.Industry Prospects
Illicit trade of raw tobacco in bulk will continue to pose a major threat to growth. In areas where tobacco is cultivated, ie Agrinio and Xanthi, packaged RYO sales are set to drop tremendously. This will also be the case in mainland Greece, where raw tobacco can easily be transported and sold on the black market. This trend will be weaker on the islands as well as in smaller cities where it is harder to establish an illicit supply network.Report Overview
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Smoking Tobacco industry in Greece with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Smoking Tobacco industry in Greece, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.The Smoking Tobacco in Greece market research report includes:
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports by origin, exports by destination
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Reasons to Get this Report
- What is the market size of Smoking Tobacco in Greece?
- What are the major brands in Greece?
- How was toys and games affected by the global recession?
- Which product categories performed best in the last year?
- What are the new any safety regulations affecting the industry?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Pipe Tobacco, RYO Tobacco.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Pipe tobacco is generally preferred by older Greek smokers and is considered a habit of the past. For younger smokers, pipes are seen as old-fashioned, with demand for pipe tobacco therefore declining further in 2013. The closure of many specialist tobacco stores also influenced the performance of pipe tobacco as such products are no longer widely available in Greece and are mostly sold either via the internet or specialist retailers.