In cigars (excluding cigarillos) there are four main players. Nueva Distabac SA de CV and Tabacos San Andres are cigars producers, and thus they market their own domestic brands. Regarding the other two players in the category; Importadora y Exportadora de Puros y Tabacos SA de CV (IEPT) is the exclusive importer and distributor of Cuban cigars, supplied by Corporacion Habanos SA in Cuba. Among IEPT main brands are Romeo y Julieta, Montecristo, Cohiba and Partagas. Finally, Lieb International SA de CV is the exclusive importer of Davidoff, Avo, Zino, Macanudo, Lieb, Prinicpes and Swisher Sweets among others.Industry Prospects
Large cigars would continue declining over the forecast period. Product development will likely be concentrated in standard cigars with a ring gauge of around 50 with a medium length.Report Overview
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Cigars industry in Mexico with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Cigars industry in Mexico, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.The Cigars in Mexico market research report includes:
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Reasons to Get this Report
- What is the market size of Cigars in Mexico?
- What are the major brands in Mexico?
- What are the main distribution channels for cigars in Mexico and which are performing well?
- What is the proportion of hand-made versus machine manufactured cigars in Mexico?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Cigarillos, Cigars Excluding Cigarillos.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
In Mexico, cigar and cigarillo smoking does not have a strong tradition, since these tobacco products are regarded by most consumers as luxury items to be consumed on a special occasion. Many people find cigars unpleasant to consume, because of their bitter taste or the large amount of smoke it emits; however, cigar lovers have a good knowledge of brands, flavours and sizes and there is a whole culture surrounding cigar smoking. These consumers do not consider cigarillos to be real cigars.