Overall, continuity for dog food is expected in 2014 with brands' and companies' shares expected to show no major changes. Nonetheless, the scarcity of premium imported brands is expected to be exacerbated in 2014 with importers dealing with more limitations in regard to the allocation of foreign exchange resources. In this sense, Purina Pro Plan, the only premium brand domestically manufactured in the country, will continue to gain value share in premium dog food; nonetheless, its impact on overall dog food will remain low as volume sales of premium dog food are set to record a downward trend over the course of 2014.Industry Prospects
A favourable growth rate in the dog population, with new pets being adopted, is projected to support a healthy increase in dog food sales over the forecast period. The increasing participation of non-profit organisations in the creation of a more solid framework of animal protection and welfare is likely to have a favourable effect on the way dogs are perceived, not only as pure pets but also as family members. In this regard, pet humanisation trends will continue to grow in importance thus creating opportunities for companies involved in pet care.Report Overview
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Dog Food industry in Venezuela with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Dog Food industry in Venezuela, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.The Dog Food in Venezuela market research report includes:
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Reasons to Get this Report
- What is the market size of Dog Food in Venezuela?
- What are the major brands in Venezuela?
- How fast are consumers trading up to prepared dog food?
- How have pet specialists fared in recent years?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Dog Treats and Mixers, Dry Dog Food, Wet Dog Food.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
The key 2013 dog food trends will continue in 2014. Low economic growth in 2013 coupled with the highest rate of inflation registered since 1996 (56.2%) did not favour a migration from table scraps/leftovers to prepared packaged food. The country's economic prospects for 2014 show little improvement and more exacerbated inflation with the real disposable income of Venezuelans expected to continue decreasing in real terms. Under such circumstances, consumers will continue to behave in accordance with their low disposable income, having little incentive to upgrade their pets' food from table scraps to packaged food.