The trends seen in 2013 are expected to continue into 2014. With a stable economy and consumer trends such as moving into smaller homes being gradual long-term trends, no sudden movements should disrupt current dynamics.Industry Prospects
The rise in the number of small households in Colombia is expected to be the major opportunity for other pet food. Whilst dogs and cats will remain the favourite pets amongst Colombian families for some time to come, an increasing number of households do not have time or space for a dog or a cat. The number of urban households is growing quickly and single-person households even more so, with an expected 26% increase over the 2014-2019 forecast period. Colombians who live alone often have no time to care for animals, making dog ownership impossible. Whilst cats are the major beneficiaries of this population trend, marketing companies could also help to popularise keeping birds and fish over the forecast period.Report Overview
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Other Pet Food industry in Colombia with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Other Pet Food industry in Colombia, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.The Other Pet Food in Colombia market research report includes:
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Reasons to Get this Report
- What is the market size of Other Pet Food in Colombia?
- What are the major brands in Colombia?
- How is the current retail distribution landscape impacting overall category performance?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Bird Food, Fish Food, Small Mammal/Reptile Food.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Other pet food is expected to see continued development in 2014 with no significant changes in trajectory. Sales growth in volume terms will continue to be low and very near to 2013 rates, whilst value sales will largely match growth in volume combined with inflation.