Colgate-Palmolive (East Africa), GlaxoSmithKline Kenya Ltd and Unilever Kenya Ltd continued to lead with a value share of 63%, 16% and 7%, respectively. These players have a long-standing presence in the market, thereby gaining consumer loyalty. They invested heavily in marketing campaigns and promotions during 2013. For instance, GlaxoSmithKline launched a nationwide campaign to educate people on oral health, and ran campaigns on radio and television to create awareness of its new Aquafresh Ultimate toothpaste.Industry Prospects
During the forecast period, growth in oral care is expected to rise due to increased advertising by manufacturers, oral health campaigns by manufacturers and the Ministry of Health, and growing access to medical care by the general public.Report Overview
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Oral Care industry in Kenya with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Oral Care industry in Kenya, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.The Oral Care in Kenya market research report includes:
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Reasons to Get this Report
- What is the market size of Oral Care in Kenya?
- What are the major brands in Kenya?
- Which type of toothpaste is most popular?
- How are sales of manual versus power toothbrushes faring?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Dental Floss, Denture Care, Mouth Fresheners, Mouthwashes/Dental Rinses, Tooth Whiteners, Toothbrushes, Toothpaste.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Manufacturers such as Colgate-Palmolive invested more in advertising campaigns both on television and outdoor campaigns, whereby pupils in schools, especially those under the age of 12, are urged to use Colgate for strong, healthy teeth and cavity protection. GlaxoSmithKline launched a countrywide oral care consumer education programme to provide complete tooth protection with its Aquafresh Ultimate toothpaste as a flagship brand, which was launched the previous year with the aim of creating product awareness.