In 2013, L'Oreal Danmark A/S led the hair care category with a value share of 34%. L'Oreal Danmark is a major player in Danish hair care, with products in almost all subcategories. This wide presence contributes to the company's strong share, with brands such as El'Vital, L'Oreal Professionnel and L'Oreal Studio Line being particularly popular. These brands have a good reputation among Danish consumers. Additionally, the Pantene (Procter & Gamble Danmark A/S) and Schwarzkopf (Henkel Danmark A/S) brands are also popular; like L'Oreal's brands, Schwarzkopf and Pantene are perceived to be products of good quality that are sold at reasonable prices, an important attribute for price-conscious Danes.Industry Prospects
During the forecast period, the Danish hair care category is expected to post a CAGR of 1% at constant 2013 prices, to reach DKK2,384 million by 2018. This is a relatively stable category that rarely experiences major changes. The popular products of 2013, such as conditioners and standard shampoos, are expected to perform well going forward, reflecting the fact that they are perceived to be everyday products for most Danes.Report Overview
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Hair Care industry in Denmark with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Hair Care industry in Denmark, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.The Hair Care in Denmark market research report includes:
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Reasons to Get this Report
- What is the market size of Hair Care in Denmark?
- What are the major brands in Denmark?
- Which types of styling agents are most common?
- How are shampoos versus 2-in-1 products performing?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: 2-in-1 Products, Colourants, Conditioners, Hair Loss Treatments, Perms and Relaxants, Salon Hair Care, Shampoos, Styling Agents.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
In 2013 the hair care category grew by 2% in current value terms to reach DKK2,282 million. 2013 was a good year for all hair care, as all categories except perms and relaxants experienced positive growth. The value growth was mainly a result of increases in the larger categories within hair care, such as standard shampoo, conditioners and colorants; these three posted value grow of 3% and were the main reason behind the growth of hair care.