We forecast continued demand for smartphones and notebooks, coupled with the launch of 4G mobile data networks, to support average annual growth of 5.5% in Israel's consumer electronics market during our five-year forecast period to 2018.
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Computer h ardware s ales: USD2.7bn in 2013 to USD2.9bn in 2014, up 5.9% in US dollar terms. Tablets set to gain traction as operators prepare to launch 4G networks, putting further pressure on desktop sales.
- AV s ales: USD533mn in 2013 to USD562mn in 2014, up 5.6% in US dollar terms. Continued sales of Sony and Microsoft's consoles and flat-screen TVs support strong growth in the segment.
- Handset s ales: Outperforming segment of the consumer electronics market, rising 11% between 2013 and 2014 to USD457mn. Ever-increasing 3G penetration and preparations for 4G should support growth in sales and shorten replacement cycles.
Key Trends And Developments
Although the Ministry of Communications has not yet released 4G spectrum to mobile operators, Israel's five MNOs entered into two separate infrastructure sharing agreements in preparation for the launch of LTE. In November 2013 Partner and HOT Mobile entered into a 15-year 50:50 joint venture to operate and develop a single radio access network, pooling their spectrum resources and sharing network infrastructure. The following month Cellcom, Pelephone and Golan Telecom...
The Israel Consumer Electronics Report has been researched at source and features latest-available data covering both the manufacture and sale of consumer electronics products, critically analysing - and forecasting - the market dynamics affecting each sub-sector, including audio-visual, computers, mobile handsets, gaming and automotives electronics. Furthermore, the report analyses the domestic and global economic trends driving device demand and provides company rankings and competitive landscapes covering leading multinational and national consumer electronics companies and analysis of latest industry news and trends in Israel.
Business Monitor International (BMI)'s Israel Consumer Electronics Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the consumer electronics industry in Israel.Key Benefits
CoverageBMI Industry View
- Benchmark BMI's independent consumer electronics industry forecasts for Israel to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Israeli consumer electronics market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Israel through our reviews of latest industry trends and major deals, projects and investments.
- Exploit the latest competitive intelligence with company SWOT analyses.
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering consumer electronics, major investments and projects.Consumer Electronics Market
Analysis of the size of the domestic market for electronics products, with in-depth assessment and data covering the dynamics driving each sub-sector; audio-visual, computers, mobile phone handsets and gaming devices, as well as demand for automotives electronics.Electronics Industry
Analysis and data of the domestic electronics manufacturing sector. We assess the regulatory and business operational issues facing manufacturers - including openness to foreign investment, infrastructure, IP issues and the global demand context - and their impact on the production of electronics goods, which is again broken down via market sub-sectors.Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry and economic indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key risks to the main forecast, covering computers, communications and gaming devices. Indicators include:
Industry value (US$bn); population (mn); nominal GDP (US$bn); real GDP growth (%), GDP per capita, industrial production Index (% y-o-y ave.) unemployment % of labour force.Business Environment Ratings
BMI's Consumer Electronics Business Environment Ratings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Ratings index aimed at investors and participants in the regional consumer electronics market. The ratings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
BMI View: Israel remains one of the most developed consumer electronics markets in the Middle East, with a high smartphone penetration and rising demand for notebooks. Moreover, it continues to attract considerabl e interest from global IT and consumer electronics firms owing to its skilled workforce and vibrant start-up market . However, the implementation of government austerity programmes and deteriorating consumer confidence are expected to continue weighing on consumer spending in 2014, posing a downside risk to our otherwise positive outlook.