- Mobile ARPU rates were down sharply in 2013 due to MTR cuts and price competition. Operator data indicate IP substitution presents a short-to-medium term threat to the stabilisation of ARPU.
- Total fixed-line subscriptions were down 9.5% in 2012 to 2.04mn, but operator data infer the rate of decline slowed in 2013 and we expect the trend of shrinking subscription losses will continue over the medium term.
- The broadband market was the fastest growth market in 2012, with high speed cable and fibre subscriptions seeing the fastest up-take.
Key Trends And Developments
In November 2013 Telefónica announced that it would sell the majority of the stake held in its Czech subsidiary to local investment company PPF Group for EUR2.47bn (USD3.34bn), a deal which was concluded in late January 2014. The 'O2' brand currently used by Telefonica Czech Republic and Telefonica Slovakia will continue for a maximum of four years. Meanwhile, rival and...
The Czech Republic Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Czech Republic's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Czech Republic Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Czech Republic.Key Benefits
- Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for Czech Republic to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Czech telecoms market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Czech Republic's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Czech Republic.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts and views, covering the ICT, fixed-line, mobile (including 3G), internet and broadband markets.Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the wireline and wireless sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.Business Environment Ratings
BMI's Telecommunications Business Environment Ratings provides a country-comparative Risk-Reward Ratings index aimed at investors (vendors, operators and suppliers) in the regional telecoms market.
The ratings methodology makes sophisticated use of more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2017 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast.
Market Data Analysis
- Fixed-Line Telephony - Telephone lines ('000); telephone lines/100 inhabitants.
- Cellular Telephony - Mobile phone subscribers ('000); mobile phone subscribers/100 inhabitants; mobile phone subscribers/100 fixed line subscribers.
- Internet Markets - Internet users ('000); internet users/100 inhabitants; broadband internet subscribers ('000); broadband internet subscribers/100 inhabitants.
Detailed market analysis of the mobile, mobile content, fixed line and internet segments, broken down into:
- Market Data - Analysis of market size, operator shares, dominant trends, competitive landscape and key quarterly data.
- Technology/Service Rollout - Analysis of rollout/adoption of new technology, such as 3G, WiMAX, IPTV, pay-TV, LTE and value-added handset services (gaming, music, video, apps etc.).
- Mobile Content - The latest trends in content and services available and being introduced by mobile operators. Including a timeline of all the latest major mobile content developments.
- Company Database - A comprehensive breakdown of KPIs of the leading mobile operators, including subscriber figures by type (pre-paid and post-paid); 3G subscriber figures; net additions; market share; ARPU; churn rates; minutes of use; voice and non-voice revenue; financial figures (including operating revenues, net profits and EBITDA).
Details of the regulatory bodies and their responsibilities, as well as a special focus on the rules surrounding competition and interconnection. The latest updates in the market's development and regulatory rulings.Company Profiles
Examines the competitive positioning and short- to medium-term business strategies of key industry players. Strategy is examined within the context of BMI's industry forecasts, our macroeconomic views and our understanding of the wider competitive landscape to generate Company SWOT analyses.
The latest financial and operating statistics and key company developments are also incorporated within the company profiles, enabling a full evaluation of recent company performance and future growth prospects.
BMI View: The Czech Republic telecoms market is one of the most developed in Central and Eastern Europe, with high penetration of voice and data services. The market is in a period of change with the arrival of MVNOs from 2012 and the regulator's efforts to attract a fourth operator into the market. These pro-competition measures should provide a boost to growth and innovation in a market that already contains a number of major international players including T-Mobile and Vodafone in mobile, and UPC in wireline. The market has been under many of the same pressures as in neighbouring countries with market saturation; regulatory factors, such as cuts to mobile termination rates; and the impact of the eurozone crisis on macroeconomic performance acting as drags on performance. However, significant opportunities remain, not least in the booming wireless data market after LTE spectrum was auctioned in November 2013, and VAS opportunities arising from the rapid proliferation of smartphone ownership.
BMI Industry ViewSWOTMobileWirelinePoliticalEconomicBusiness EnvironmentIndustry ForecastMobile
Table: Telecoms Sector - Mobile - Historical Data And Forecasts, 2010-2017ARPU
Table: Telecoms Sector - Monthly Blended Mobile ARPU (CZK) - Historical Data And ForecastsFixed Line
Table: Telecoms Sector - Fixed Line - Historical Data And ForecastsBroadband
Table: Telecoms Sector - Internet - Historical Data And ForecastsIndustry Risk Reward RatingsCentral And Eastern Europe Industry Risk Reward Ratings
Table: Central And Eastern Europe Risk/Reward Ratings, Q213Czech RepublicMarket OverviewMobileRegional Perspective
Table: Czech Republic Mobile Market Regional Comparisons, 2011Key DevelopmentsMarket GrowthMarket ShareSubscription MixUsage (MOU/ARPU)MVNOsNetworksMobile Content/Value-Added ServicesMobile Contract Wins
Table: Mobile Contract WinsMobile Operator Data
Table: Market Overview
This report does not have a list of Companies Mentioned available
This report does not have a press release associated with it