Whirlpool was the leading manufacturer of laundry appliances in Canada, with retail volume share of 45% in 2013. While the Whirlpool brand is dominant, the company achieved its share through strong sales of other brands under its corporate umbrella resulting from its 2006 acquisition of Maytag.
Over the forecast period, sales of home laundry appliances are set to measure 2 million units from a retail volume CAGR of 4%, while constant value sales will reach C$1.6 billion from a5% CAGR.Growth will be driven largely by continued replacement cycles and upgrades, although growth in expenditure on home renovations is expected to gain momentum as the economy improves over the forecast period. As consumers opt for higher end laundry appliances value growth will outpace volume with the increase in average unit price.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Home Laundry Appliances industry in Canada with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Home Laundry Appliances industry in Canada, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Home Laundry Appliances in Canada market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
Reasons to Get this Report
- What is the market size of Home Laundry Appliances in Canada?
- What are the major brands in Canada?
- What is the average volume capacity for washing machines in Canada?
- Has there been a shift from front loading to top loading washing machines?
- What is the sizing of automatic versus semi-automatic washing machines in Canada?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Home laundry appliances rebounded in 2013, registering growth for the first year since 2010 in both volume and current value terms at 2% and 5%, respectively. Despite slow job creation and the economy underperforming from previous expectations, which caused the Bank of Canada to revise downward its growth forecasts in mid-2013, sales were driven primarily by replacement purchases for older machines.