Sunbeam, Honeywell and DeLonghi Canada Inc remained as the leading players in heating appliances in Canada during 2013, with the Sunbeam brand in the leading position with 27% volume share. Sunbeam ranked first in convector heaters, the largest heating appliance overall in terms of share.Industry Prospects
Heating appliances is expected to increase by a retail volume CAGR of 2% over the forecast period, with a marginally higher increase with a constant value CAGR of 3% as average unit price increases. Growth is subject to the unpredictable element of weather, while other influences such as the economic situation and the levels of consumer spending on home improvement, including installation of upgraded furnaces, will continue to impact the category. Given the moderate growth in 2013 when the winter was early and cold, it seems unlikely that heating appliances will experience significantly higher growth.Report Overview
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Heating Appliances industry in Canada with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Heating Appliances industry in Canada, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Heating Appliances in Canada market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
Reasons to Get this Report
- What is the market size of Heating Appliances in Canada?
- What are the major brands in Canada?
- Are central heating units inhibiting potential growth for electric fires?
- Has innovation in panel heaters led to an upturn in fortunes for the category?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Winter came early to Canada in 2013, with extreme cold temperatures hitting the country early in the fourth quarter. Sales of heating appliances were bolstered by the cold weather, with consumers purchasing heating appliances to warm specific rooms in the house during periods of extreme cold.