Applica Canada continued to lead food preparation appliances with volume share of 21% in 2013. The Juicemanand Black & Decker brandsare strong assets for the company, with Black & Decker holding strong positions in number of segments of the market such as food grinders, food processors and mixers with a wide selection of products and price points
Underpinned by the continued focus on healthy eating and home cooking, food preparation appliances is expected to grow by a 3% constant value CAGR to reach C$257 million and a 2% volume CAGR to reach 4 million units over the forecast period. In addition to lifestyle trends driving first time sales, replacement purchases for food preparation appliances will be a key element as consumers upgrade existing appliances that offer new features and functionality, such as more powerful and flexible juicers and blenders and higher end table top mixers.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Food Preparation Appliances industry in Canada with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Food Preparation Appliances industry in Canada, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Food Preparation Appliances in Canada market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
Reasons to Get this Report
- What is the market size of Food Preparation Appliances in Canada?
- What are the major brands in Canada?
- Has there been a growth in penetration for food preparation appliances?
- What is the category share for food processors? Is this a growth opportunity market?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Lifestyle and health trends were key factors behind strong growth for food preparation appliances as Canadians cooked more in the home and paid close attention to what they were eating. Consumers continued to focus on healthy eating, fresh food preparation and experimenting with new recipes. Spurred by evolving eating habits and an increase in home cooking, food preparation appliances grew by 6% in volume and 11% in value in 2013, outpacing overall growth for small appliances.