Chandaria Industries continued to dominate retail tissue at the end of the review period, accounting for 58% value share. This company benefits from its domestic production, which enables it to keep production and distribution costs low, and from its long history in retail tissue in Kenya. The company also benefits from its strong and wide distribution reach and from consumer trust in the quality of brands such as Velvex. The company offers a wide range of prices and products within retail tissue, particularly within toilet paper, and thus appeals to a wide range of income groups.Industry Prospects
Ongoing expansion in Kenya's urban mid-income group will be the main factor driving sales growth during the forecast period. These consumers are expected to become increasingly aspirational in their purchasing patterns. In addition, with cities becoming larger and dirtier there is expected to be an increased focus on hygiene within this group, with this encouraging the more frequent use of retail tissue.Report Overview
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Retail Tissue industry in Kenya with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Retail Tissue industry in Kenya, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.The Retail Tissue in Kenya market research report includes:
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Reasons to Get this Report
- What is the market size of Retail Tissue in Kenya?
- What are the major brands in Kenya?
- What is the performance of pocket handkerchiefs vs boxed facial tissues?
- What are the key new product launches in the tissues market?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Kitchen Towels, Paper Tableware, Tissues, Toilet Paper.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
The majority of Kenyan consumers are keen to minimise their spending on retail tissue and thus remain reluctant to buy a wide range of these products. There is a preference for lower-priced and multifunctional products, with many consumers thus using toilet paper for all their needs. Toilet paper thus dominates sales, accounting for 94% of volume sales in 2013. This product area also saw the strongest sales growth within retail tissue, increasing volume and current value sales by 4% and 12% respectively.