TomTom International remained the largest player within in-car entertainment in 2012, although its volume share continued to decline. The main competitor for TomTom is Garmin International, whereas Garmin has the best sales in outdoor products whilst TomTom targets in-car navigation. TomTom is currently the strongest brand in in-car navigation in the Netherlands, followed by Garmin. The remaining share goes to smaller players such as Mio, Sony and Navman. Industry Prospects
In-car entertainment is expected to see a further decline in sales over the forecast period. The competition with other multipurpose gadgets and the competition from smartphones are the main obstacles to growth. However, there are still some positive prospects for in-car entertainment, due to the expected recovery of the automotive industry in the Netherlands and the possibility for smartphone connectivity. Trade sources believe that the majority of cars by the end of the forecast period will no longer have a CD player. Automotive manufacturers include direct connections to devices such as portable music players, USB drives, iPods, HD connections and SD cards. Music streaming will become more common in Dutch cars, as well as the technology becoming cheaper for average consumers. These trends are likely to pose a significant threat to in-car entertainment in the coming years.Report Overview
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the In-Car Entertainment industry in Netherlands with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the In-Car Entertainment industry in Netherlands, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.The In-Car Entertainment in Netherlands market research report includes:
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Reasons to Get this Report
- What is the market size of In-Car Entertainment in Netherlands?
- What are the major brands in Netherlands?
- What is the growth rate for in-car navigation devices?
- How will digital radio broadcast affect sales of in-car media players?
- How have in-car entertainment sales been affected by the economic downturn?
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: In-Car Navigation, In-Car Speakers, In-Dash Media Players.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
In-car entertainment in the Netherlands demonstrated a disappointing performance in 2013, with a decline in both current value and volume sales. Demand for in-car entertainment in 2013 continued to be hurt by poor car sales and strong competition from smartphones and other portable devices. In 2013 total Dutch car sales declined by about 10% in comparison with 2012. However, the average age of vehicles on the road declined, as the increase of cars in circulation did not grow faster than the total sales of new cars. This declining average age is an indicator of consumers declining need to replace old in-car electronics, underlining the declining sales within this category. In addition, research shows growing demand for integrated pre-installed in-car entertainment systems, and sales based on modules which build on pre-installed integrated in-car entertainment systems are likely to grow.