Bayer AG (Bayer) is a global healthcare company. It is an investment holding company for its group companies, namely, Bayer HealthCare, Bayer CropScience, Bayer MaterialScience, Bayer Business Services, Bayer Technology Services and Currenta. It focuses on the development, production and commercialization of healthcare products, nutritional supplements and specialty materials. The product portfolio of the company comprises animal health products, consumer care products, medical care products, pharmaceuticals, fungicides, insecticides, herbicides, polyurethanes, polycarbonates, coatings, adhesives and specialties. It caters to pharmaceutical, agricultural and polymer industries. The company also offers information technology (IT) and business services such as IT infrastructure and application, procurement and logistics, process development, plant engineering and construction, utility supply and waste management infrastructure services. It operates through a network of subsidiaries across Asia-Pacific, Europe, the US, and other markets such as Latin America, Africa and the Middle East. Bayer is headquartered in Leverkusen, Germany.
The company continues to strengthen its position in the market through inorganic expansion strategy. Its acquisitions and strategic alliances with companies such as Prophyta GmbH, a leading supplier of microbial crop protection products; the US-based animal health business of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.; AgraQuest, Inc., the watermelon and melon seed business of Abbott & Cobb Inc., and rape seed business of Raps GbR signify such strategy.
Bayer AG Key Recent Developments
Apr 01, 2013 Bayer Opens New Office In Dubai
Mar 12, 2013 Interpol And Pharmaceutical Industry Launch Global Initiative To Combat Fake Medicines
Feb 28, 2013 Bayer Reports Group Revenue Of EUR39.8 Billion In 2012
Jan 23, 2013 Bayer HealthCare's Chairman Jorg Reinhardt To Step Down
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Bayer AG provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description - A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Key manufacturing facilities - A list of key manufacturing facilities of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.