RWE Npower plc (RWE npower) is an integrated energy utility company. It is a subsidiary of RWE Npower Holdings plc (RWE Npower Holdings), which inturn is a subsidiary of RWE AG, the largest utility holding group in Europe. RWE npower produces more than 10% of the electricity used in Great Britain, and serves about 6.5 million electricity and natural gas customers. RWE npower generates and distributes electricity to residential and business customers across the UK and Ireland. The company also supplies gas and electricity principally to residential and business customers through its retail business. The company also operates and manages a flexible portfolio of coal, oil and gas-fired power stations. RWE npower generates 11,000 MW of electricity from various resources including oil and gas, as well as renewable sources. RWE npower is headquartered in Wiltshire, the UK.
The company's strategic intent is to become the leading global company focused on generation, trading, transmission and supply of electricity and gas. The company aims to achieve strong, sustainable leadership positions in markets that offer potential for profitable growth through a combination of growth of existing businesses, acquisition of complementary new businesses and achievement of high levels of operating efficiency.
RWE Npower plc Key Recent Developments
Mar 20, 2013 RWE npower To Cease Operations At Fawley Oil-fired Power Plant And Didcot A Coal-fired Power Plant In UK
Mar 12, 2013 RWE Npower Receives Approval From DECC For Brechfa Forest West Wind Farm In UK
Jan 17, 2013 RWE npower Captures First Tonne Of CO2 At Aberthaw Power Station In UK
Jan 04, 2013 RWE npower Meets Energy Efficiency Targets
Nov 26, 2012 RWE npower Announces Change Of CEO
GlobalData's RWE Npower plc - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company's history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the company's key employees, key competitors and major products and services.
This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
- Business description - A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - GlobalData's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT analysis - A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report's analysis of the company's business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies with GlobalData's detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company's core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report's detailed insight into the company's strategic, business and operational performance.