Thomas Cook Group plc (TCG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Thomas Cook Group plc provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description - A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Thomas Cook Group plc (Thomas Cook) is a tourism and travel company. The company, along with its subsidiaries and affiliates, offers a wide range of tourism and travel services through a network of owned and franchised travel stores. The group operates a fleet of 92 aircrafts. The company's principal brands include Thomas Cook, Direct Holidays, Manos, Airtous, Cruise Thomas Cook, Elegant Resorts, Thomas Cook Signature, Cresta, Neilson and Panameo. Its main brands include Airtours, Aspro, Club 18-30, Cresta, Manos, Neilson, Sunset, Sunworld Holidays, Swiss Travel Service, Thomas Cook, Thomas Cook Signature, Thomas Cook Style Collection and Thomas Cook Tours.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Thomas Cook Group plc - Key Facts
Thomas Cook Group plc - Key Employees
Thomas Cook Group plc - Key Employee Biographies
Thomas Cook Group plc - Major Products and Services
Thomas Cook Group plc - History
Thomas Cook Group plc - Company Statement
Thomas Cook Group plc - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 - Company Analysis
Thomas Cook Group plc - Business Description
Thomas Cook Group plc - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Thomas Cook Group plc - Strengths
Strength - Market Presence
Strength - Brand Composition
Thomas Cook Group plc - Weaknesses
Weakness - Overdependence on Europe
Weakness - Debt Obligations
Thomas Cook Group plc - Opportunities
Opportunity - Joint Venture Operations
Opportunity - Growing Tourism Industry
Opportunity - Key Agreements
Thomas Cook Group plc - Threats
Threat - Operational Risks
Threat - Intense Competition
Threat - Sluggish Economic Growth
Thomas Cook Group plc - Key Competitors
Section 3 - Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 - Appendix
List of Tables
Thomas Cook Group plc, Key Facts
Thomas Cook Group plc, Key Employees
Thomas Cook Group plc, Key Employee Biographies
Thomas Cook Group plc, Major Products and Services
Thomas Cook Group plc, History
Thomas Cook Group plc, Subsidiaries
Thomas Cook Group plc, Key Competitors
Thomas Cook Group plc, Ratios based on current share price
Thomas Cook Group plc, Annual Ratios
Thomas Cook Group plc, Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Thomas Cook Group plc, Performance Chart (2008 - 2012)
Thomas Cook Group plc, Ratio Charts
Companies Mentioned in this Report
Thomas Cook Group plc (TCG)
This report does not have a press release associated with it