Published by GlobalData
on Feb 15, 2013
, 114 pages
PDF format - Delivered by Email within 1 business day
GlobalData has released its new Country report, "PharmaPoint: Epilepsy - China Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022". Epilepsy is a brain disorder characterized by spontaneously occurring and recurrent seizures. The market is heavily driven by the sales of antiepileptic drugs (AEDs) targeted at seizure reduction. The AED market is currently dominated by UCB's Keppra and GlaxoSmithKline's Lamictal. Although both drugs have experienced significant generic erosion, they form the mainstay of epilepsy treatment in the nine markets and will continue to have significant market share during the forecast period. Other key drugs include older generation AEDs such as Pfizer's Dilantin, Abbott's Depakote, and Novartis' Tegretol and Trileptal which still have significant usage due to their longevity in the market. However, the AED dominance landscape will continue to shift towards newer generation drugs particularly following the recent market entry of GlaxoSmithKline's Trobalt/Potiga and Eisai's Fycompa which both offer first-in-class mechanisms of action.
Due to China's vast general population, which drives the growth of the prevalent population of epilepsy patients, the AED market is fairly large, despite the relatively low cost of treatment. The main driver for growth in this market will be the continued uptake of recent AEDs, a growing middle class with better healthcare access, and increased epilepsy treatment in the whole population due to government efforts to increase healthcare access. However, loose government regulation of patent protection, as well as a reliance on traditional Eastern medicine, severely impact brand drug penetration and profitability in China.
- Overview of Epilepsy including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in China including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in China from 2012-2022.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting China Epilepsy market.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Epilepsy
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of drug performance
- Obtain sales forecast for drugs from 2012-2022 in China