ZESCO Limited (ZESCO), formerly, Zambia Electricity Supply Corporation Limited is an integrated power company. The company undertakes generation, transmission and distribution of electricity in Zambia. It maintains a portfolio of hydro and diesel fuel based electricity generating units with an combined installed capacity of approximately 1,800 MW. ZESCO's key generating plants include the Kafue Gorge power station; Victoria Falls power station; and Kariba North Bank power station. The company also operates five small hydro power plants and eight diesel power stations to supply electricity in the rural regions of the country.
ZESCO Limited Key Recent Developments
Dec 17, 2012: Zesco Completes Upgrading Works On Generator G4 At Kariba North Bank Power Station
Dec 11, 2012: EIB To Finance EUR50m For Construction Of Itezhi-Tezhi Hydropower Plant And Transmission Line In Zambia
Oct 19, 2012: Government Of Zambia Receives Credit From IDA For Increased Access To Electricity Services
Oct 04, 2012: Zesco Invites Bids To Undertake Projects At Coventry Street Substation In Zambia
Oct 04, 2012: Zesco Invites Tenders To Supply And Deliver One Mobil Transformer Oil Filtration Plant For KNBPS In Zambia
GlobalData's ZESCO Limited - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company's history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the company's key employees, key competitors and major products and services.
This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
- Business description - A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - GlobalData's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT analysis - A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report's analysis of the company's business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies with GlobalData's detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company's core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report's detailed insight into the company's strategic, business and operational performance.