Formosa Plastics Group (FPG) is a diversified chemical company. The company produces six types of fibers, namely, polyester, acrylic, nylon, rayon, carbon and spandex and various electronic materials such as printed circuit boards, and copper-clad laminates. It also operates several large educational and medical organizations. The company's business operations are categorized into five main divisions, namely Oil Refining, Petrochemicals and Plastic Raw Materials; Fibers, Textiles and Carpets; Electronic Materials; Transportation; and Machinery Products. FPG is a conglomerate, comprising group of more than ten companies.
Formosa Plastics Group Key Recent Developments
Dec 07, 2012: Formosa Plastics Wins Appeal Against Strict Environmental Conditions On $180m Petrochemical PlantnOct 23, 2012: ABB Wins $50m Orders To Power New Steel Complex In Vietnam
Sep 18, 2012: Formosa's Naphtha Cracker Expansion Project Faces Opposition From Taiwanese Environmental Groups
Apr 17, 2012: Formosa Plastics Group Reports Fire At Oil Refinery In Mailiao Petrochemical Complex, Taiwan
GlobalData's Formosa Plastics Group - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company's history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the company's key employees, key competitors and major products and services.
This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
- Business description - A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - GlobalData's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT analysis - A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report's analysis of the company's business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies with GlobalData's detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company's core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report's detailed insight into the company's strategic, business and operational performance.