Published by GlobalData
on Nov 30, 2012
, 41 pages
PDF format - Delivered by Email within 1 business day
GlobalData has released its new PharmaPoint Drug Evaluation report, Rituxan (Rheumatoid Arthritis) Forecast and Market Analysis. The RA market is currently very dynamic, with the November 6, 2012 FDA approval of Pfizer's Xeljanz (tofacitinib) and novel oral therapies awaiting approval such as: Eli Lilly's anti-BAFF, tabalumab and JAK1,2 inhibitor, baricitinib, and Rigel/AZ's SYK inhibitor, fostamatinib. These compounds will challenge the current biologics in the attempt to dislodge the stronghold of the TNF inhibitors, if their safety and efficacy profiles are proven once they enter the market.
Rituxan was co-developed and marketed in the US (under the brand name Rituxan) by Biogen Idec and Genentech (now a part of Roche). It is marketed outside of the US by Roche under the brand name MabThera. Rituxan was initially approved for the treatment of lymphoma and it was the first mAb to be approved for the treatment of cancer. In 2006, Rituxan was approved in the US and 5EU for the treatment of moderate to severe active RA in patients who do not adequately respond to one or more TNF inhibitors.
- Overview of RA, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Rituxan including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Rituxan for the top nine countries from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, Japan, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, India and Australia
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Rituxan performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Rituxan from 2011-2022 in the US, Japan, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, India and Australia