The Payment Card Competitor Tracker provides expert analysis and opinion on the strategic moves of leading competitors in the payment card market. Produced on a monthly basis, the Tracker is a global product and covers over 150 players, including American Express, Barclaycard, Capital One, Citigroup, Discover, GE Money, First Data, HSBC, JCB, MasterCard, Standard Chartered and Visa.Report Scope
- Gain invaluable information on your key competitors in one concise document, and track long-term trends using the interactive news database.
- Sharpen your strategy by implementing the best market, product, competitor and strategic developments of leading global players.
- Learn the Datamonitor Cards & Payments Team's view on the most important competitor developments in the month.
PayPal's plan to consolidate its business - primarily its product and technology divisions - signals a defensive move against the growing competitive front from start-ups and more established brands.
Visa hopes to lessen consumer burden with new e-commerce authentication scheme. The move presents an opportunity for online retailers globally to boost sales by reducing the burden placed on consumers to self-authenticate prior to completing purchases online.
China Unicom and China Merchants Bank recently announced they are launching a trial of an NFC-based mobile wallet in Shanghai, prior to a wider national rollout. Chinese enthusiasm for mobile payments remains high, and China has the potential to rapidly become the world's biggest mobile payments market.Reasons to Get this Report
- What have been the key new product developments in the industry this month, particularly in contactless, mobile, online and prepaid?
- Which players are leading the way with these new developments, and where are they occurring?
- How have trends in competitor activity changed over time, and which regions are becoming more active?
- What are the top developments in the past month and what do they mean for my business?