Wealth creation, GDP growth, and initial public offerings of Brazilian firms are driving the Brazilian wealth management industry and interest is high from both domestic players looking to enhance their position in the market, and foreign players looking to diversify. Here Datamonitor Financial takes an in-depth look at the competitive scene in Brazilian wealth management.
- Understand the market through analysis of different business models and how they derive income.
- Analyse the current recruitment situation for private bankers and average salaries.
- Interpret competitive trends in the market through a breakdown of M&A, organic growth and partnerships developments.
- Assess your competition through detailed profiles of notable players, including the customer targeting, marketing and product strategies they employ.
The integrated private banking units of universal banks hold considerable market share in the domestic wealth management market. Wealth management firms are more numerous, but it is the integrated private banks that lead the market. Independent brokerage firms offering direct and online trading to the retail market are also plentiful.
There has been little M&A activity in the Brazilian wealth management market in the last 18 months. Foreign firms have encountered strong competition from local firms and red tape has stalled activity. Organic growth in Brazil has also been muted as Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro remain the key centers for wealth management.
Participants in the Brazilian wealth management industry operate one of three different business models: an integrated private bank, an asset manager, or a brokerage. Competitors profiled include: Bradesco Private Bank, Lerosa Investimentos, Santander Private Banking and Verus Gestao de Patrimonio.
Reasons to Get this Report
- What business model is most prominent in the Brazilian wealth management industry?
- How easy is it to recruit relationship managers and what are they paid?
- What are foreign and domestic players doing to access the Brazilian affluent population?
- What strategies are my competition employing to win and keep affluent clients?