Emerging Opportunities in the US Cards and Payments Industry: Market Size, Trends and Drivers, Strategies, Products and Competitive Landscape
Published by Timetric
on Nov 14, 2012
- 100 pages
PDF format - Download Now
The US cards and payments market registered marginal growth during the review period (2007-2011). Combined card volume recorded a growth rate of 4.62% in 2011 over figures from 2010. The positive economic outlook, the need for more sophisticated products in terms of prepaid and charge cards, the growth of online and mobile shopping and increasing levels of per capita income supported the overall growth of the US cards and payments market. During the review period, the market size of the cards and payments industry in terms of volume increased at a CAGR of 1.35% to reach 1.5 billion cards in 2011. In value terms, the US cards and payments market valued US$4.8 trillion in 2011.
- The US market for cards and payments grew both in volume and value terms during the review period. In terms of transaction volume, the card payment market grew at a CAGR of 8.87% during the review period from 51.6 billion transactions in 2007 to 72.4 billion in 2011.
- In terms of card volume, debit cards remained the largest card market with a market share of 39.1% followed by credit cards with a market share of 33.6%.
- The US mobile commerce sector has seen tremendous growth in the last few years, especially in 2011, when the sector recorded annual growth of over 90%, reaching US$6.7 billion compared to US$3.5 billion in 2010.
- The US cards and payments industry experienced an increase in online fraud, with fraudsters using various techniques to gain unauthorized access to card accounts.
- In July 2012, the Federal Reserve announced amendments in the provisions of Regulation II (Debit Card Interchange Fees and Routing), that allows a debit card issuer, subject to interchange fee standards, to receive a fraud-prevention adjustment.
- This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the US cards and payments market
- It provides current values for the US cards and payments market for 2011 and forecast figures for 2016
- It details the different macroeconomic, infrastructural, consumer and business drivers affecting the US cards and payments industry
- It outlines the current regulatory framework in the industry
- It details the marketing strategies used by various bankers and other institutions
- It profiles the major banks in the US cards and payments market
Reasons to Purchase
- Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to the US cards and payments market and each market within it
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities within the US cards and payments market
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the US cards and payments market
- Gain insights into the marketing strategies used for selling various types of cards in the US market
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the US cards and payment market
Click here to open the POPUP
You've added the following report to your cart: