Emerging Opportunities in Brazil's Cards and Payments Industry: Market Size, Trends and Drivers, Strategies, Products and Competitive Landscape
Published by Timetric
on Nov 14, 2012
- 91 pages
PDF format - Download Now
The Brazilian card market has a relatively mature credit and debit card segment and the market as a whole grew at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.71% during the review period. The prepaid card and charge card markets in Brazil are emerging. Private label cards were also in circulation and are expected to emerge as a mainstream card segment in the forecast period. The debit and credit markets are mature and are expected to grow only nominally in the forecast period. The debit card market is expected to post a CAGR of 2.9% and the credit card market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.5% in volume terms. However, the prepaid and charge card markets are expected to be the prime drivers of the Brazilian card market. The charge card market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.3% and the prepaid card market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.33% in volume terms during the forecast period.Key Highlights
- A key factor that spurred the growth of the Brazilian prepaid card market is the government legislation that levied a 6.38% charge on all foreign transactions made through Brazilian credit cards.
- The forecasted growth in the card market is expected to be fuelled by a number of key business drivers. These include the growth of online commerce, the growth of tourism, innovative product offerings, the growth of retail sales volume and growth of private label cards.
- High internet penetration is expected to boost online commerce, which in turn is expected to foster card market growth. Large tourist inflows into the country are expected to fuel the demand for travel cards and transit cards.
- The regulatory landscape in the cards and payments sector is undergoing significant change and the stance of the central bank is to pursue steps that promote competition in the market.
- This report provides a comprehensive analysis of Brazil's cards and payments market
- It provides current values for Brazil's cards and payments market for 2011 and forecast figures for 2016
- It details the different macroeconomic, infrastructural, consumer and business drivers affecting Brazil's cards and payments industry
- It outlines the current regulatory framework in the industry
- It details the marketing strategies used by various bankers and other institutions
- It profiles the major banks in Brazil's cards and payments market
Reasons to Purchase
- Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to Brazil's cards and payments market and each market within it
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities within Brazil's cards and payments market
- Assess the competitive dynamics in Brazil's cards and payments market
- Gain insights into the marketing strategies used for selling various types of cards in Brazil
- Gain insights into key regulations governing Brazil's cards and payment market
Click here to open the POPUP
You've added the following report to your cart: