Asian Cities Wealth Book 2012
Published by WealthInsight
on Nov 5, 2012
- 89 pages
PDF format - Delivered by Email within 1 business day
This report covers 13 Asia Pacific countries, focusing on the UHNWI populations and UHNWI growth rates (2007-2011) in over 100 cities in the region.Key Highlights
- As of 2011, there are approximately 2.6 million HNWIs in the APAC region, with a combined wealth of US$10.6 trillion. This equates to 15.6% of the worldwide HNWI population (16.8 million people).
- At the end of 2011, 49% of APAC HNWIs were based in China (1,280,000 HNWIs). Australia accounted for 274,000 HNWIs (10.4% of APAC), followed by India with 251,000 HNWIs, Hong Kong with 185,000 HNWIs, South Korea with 157,000 HNWIs and Singapore with 151,000 HNWIs.
- APAC UHNWIs performed well over the review period, rising by 31% from 18,210 in 2007 to over 23,800 individuals in 2011. This equates to 19.6% of the total worldwide UHNWI volume (122,000 individuals) in 2011.
- At the end of 2011, 33% of APAC UHNWIs were based in China (7,905 UHNWIs). Singapore accounted for 3,154 UHNWIs (13.2% of APAC), followed by Hong Kong with 2,560 UHNWIs and Australia with 2,460 UHNWIs.
- At the end of 2011, Singapore was the largest APAC city in terms of UHNWIs (3,154), followed by Hong Kong with 2,560, Beijing with 1,318, Seoul with 1,302, Taipei with 1,255 and Shanghai with 1,028.
- Over the period from 2007 to 2011, the fastest growing APAC city was Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam (157% growth), followed by Surabaya in Indonesia (130% growth). Notably, seven on the top ten fastest growing cities were located in Indonesia.
- Jakarta was the top performing major city with UHNWI growth of 116%. Mumbai and Hangzhou numbers also increased substantially, by 59% and 57% respectively.
The report features:
- HNWI and UHNWI trends from 2007 to 2011 for each APAC country
- HNWI and UHNWI forecasts to 2016 for each APAC country
- Number of UHNWIs in each APAC city at the end of 2011
- Fastest growing APAC cities for UHNWIs between 2007 and 2011
- Case Studies on: APAC's wealth management industry, Australian Single Family Offices and Wealth Management in Singapore
Reasons to Purchase
- The WealthInsight Intelligence Center Database is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises profiles on major private banks, wealth managers and family offices in each country.
- The WealthInsight Intelligence Center Database also includes up to one hundred data-points on over 100,000 HNWIs from around the world.
- With the database as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
Click here to open the POPUP
You've added the following report to your cart: