WestJet Airlines Ltd. (WJA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
This comprehensive SWOT profile of WestJet Airlines Ltd. provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
- Business description A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
WestJet Airlines Ltd. (WestJet) is a Canadian high-value, low-cost airline company. WestJet offers scheduled services between 71 cities across Canada, the US, Mexico and the Caribbean. It offers legroom, leather seats and live seatback television provided by Bell TV on its fleet of 96 Boeing Next-Generation 737 aircraft. The carrier is working to expand its fleet to about 98 aircraft. Most of WestJet's destinations outside Canada are vacation spots, and subsidiary WestJet Vacations allows customers to book hotel accommodations along with their airline tickets. Its subsidiaries include WestJet Investment Corp., WestJet Operations Corp. and WestJet Vacations Inc. WestJet was founded in 1996. WestJet is head quartered in Calgary, Canada.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
WestJet Airlines Ltd. - Key Facts
WestJet Airlines Ltd. - Key Employees
WestJet Airlines Ltd. - Key Employee Biographies
WestJet Airlines Ltd. - Major Products and Services
WestJet Airlines Ltd. - History
WestJet Airlines Ltd. - Company Statement
WestJet Airlines Ltd. - Locations And Subsidiaries
Section 2 Company Analysis
WestJet Airlines Ltd. - Business Description
WestJet Airlines Ltd. - Corporate Strategy
WestJet Airlines Ltd. - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
WestJet Airlines Ltd. - Strengths
Strength - Extensive Business Operations
Strength - Efficient Use of Resources
Strength - Expanding Operating Margin
Strength - Improved Financial Performance
Strength - Operational Efficiency
WestJet Airlines Ltd. - Weaknesses
Weakness - Declining Market Share in Sector
WestJet Airlines Ltd. - Opportunities
Opportunity - Growth Prospects in Aviation Industry: North Ameri
Opportunity - Enhanced Services
Opportunity - New Airline Partnerships
WestJet Airlines Ltd. - Threats
Threat - Volatility of Fuel Prices
Threat - Consolidation in Airline Industry
Threat - Competition in the Regional Airline Industry
WestJet Airlines Ltd. - Key Competitors
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 Appendix
List of Tables
WestJet Airlines Ltd., Key Facts
WestJet Airlines Ltd., Key Employees
WestJet Airlines Ltd., Key Employee Biographies
WestJet Airlines Ltd., Major Products and Services
WestJet Airlines Ltd., History
WestJet Airlines Ltd., Key Competitors
WestJet Airlines Ltd., Ratios based on current share price
WestJet Airlines Ltd., Annual Ratios
WestJet Airlines Ltd., Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
WestJet Airlines Ltd., Performance Chart (2007 - 2011)
WestJet Airlines Ltd., Ratio Charts
Companies Mentioned in this Report
WestJet Airlines Ltd. (WJA)
This report does not have a press release associated with it