This report profiles the leading players in the global enterprise security market. Enterprise security includes firewall and VPN, identity and access management, intrusion detection and prevention, secure content management and security and vulnerability management. This report analyzes the enterprise security industry in terms of market size (based on the global spending on the enterprise security solutions), key drivers and resistors, trends and competitive positioning of major enterprise security vendors in the global enterprise security market. It includes profiles of the major players in the industry and also includes a brief summary of the other major players. The current ranking evaluates the enterprise security vendors based on their performance using the following intelligence metrics:
Key features of this report
- each company's financial performance in the global enterprise security market;
- each company's growth strategies and major acquisitions and divestments in this market;
- key partnerships and alliances formed by these companies;
- business-related strengths and weaknesses of these companies, and insights into the opportunities and threats facing them.
Scope of this report
- Market dynamics of the global enterprise security market during the period 2006-10.
- Key market drivers and resistors.
- Trends of the global enterprise security market.
- Identification of the major players in the global enterprise security market .
Key Market Issues
- Learn from the strategies of the global enterprise security vendors to target future growth markets effectively, avoid their mistakes, replicate their successes and learn of the threats they face.
- Benchmark your performance against the leading enterprise security companies by comprehending their strategies.
- Understand the major issues affecting the global enterprise security market.
Key findings from this report
- Price sensitive SMBs market: The SMBs market is very price sensitive. Vendors with simple economical and customized solutions will survive in this market.
- Huge investment: On-premise security applications requires high capital investment and constant vigilance to keep them running, leaving only a miniscule portion of the IT budget for strategic initiatives and innovation.
- Security concerns: Internet based security applications creates security concerns owing to sharing of data.
Key questions answered
- The global enterprise security market was valued at approximately $17,549m in 2008, an increase of 11.0% over 2007. Business Insights anticipates that the value of the global enterprise security market will grow at a CAGR of 10.5% during 2006-10 to reach a total value of $20,901m in 2010.
- Increasing incidence and sophistication of security attacks from internet worms, viruses and other intrusions have primarily contributed to the growth in the sales of vulnerability management and intrusion detection and prevention products during 2006-08.
- Stringent regulations across sectors such as financial services, healthcare and utilities have primarily driven mandatory application of security software and solutions to protect and prevent loss of sensitive data.
1. What was the market size of the global enterprise security market by value in 2008?
2. What was and will be the market size of the global enterprise security industry during 2006-13?
3. What are the trends in the global enterprise security industry?
4. Who are the major players in the market?
5. What are the growth strategies of the major enterprise security vendors?