Generics: Global Industry Guide is an essential resource for top-level data and analysis covering the Generics industry. It includes detailed data on market size and segmentation, textual analysis of the key trends and competitive landscape, and profiles of the leading companies. This incisive report provides expert analysis on a global, regional and country basis.
Scope of the Report
- Contains an executive summary and data on value, volume and segmentation
- Provides textual analysis of the industry's prospects, competitive landscape and profiles of the leading companies
- Incorporates in-depth five forces competitive environment analysis and scorecards
- Covers the Global, European and Asia-Pacific markets as well as individual chapters on 5 major markets (France, Germany, Japan, the UK and the US).
- Includes a five-year forecast of the industry
The global generics market grew by 6.9% in 2011 to reach a value of $187.2 billion.
In 2016, the global generics market is forecast to have a value of $273.6 billion, an increase of 46.1% since 2011.
The global generics market grew by 2.2% in 2011 to reach a volume of 75 % of total Pharma volume.
In 2016, the global generics market is forecast to have a volume of 85.1 % of total Pharma volume, an increase of 13.5% since 2011.
Americas accounts for 46% of the global generics market value.
Why you should buy this report
- Spot future trends and developments
- Inform your business decisions
- Add weight to presentations and marketing materials
- Save time carrying out entry-level research
For the purposes of this profile, a generic is defined as a copy of an ethical (prescription) drug formerly protected by patents that have now expired. Both unbranded generics and all branded generics are included. However, off-patent drugs that continue to be offered by the original manufacturer under the original name, and which form part of the 'generic-eligible' market, are not included. The market value is evaluated at ex-factory prices. Market volume is quantified here as the percentage of the total ethical pharmaceutical market volume in a country or region which is accounted for by generic drugs. It is therefore a generics penetration rate measure, not an absolute measure of market volume. All currency conversions were calculated at constant average annual 2011 exchange rates.