Vodacom Group Limited (VOD) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Vodacom's international strategy focuses on improving the performance of its existing operations and exploring expansion opportunities in the Sub-Saharan Africa as the mobile data use in this region is very low when compared to that in the other regions.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Vodacom Group Limited provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description - A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Vodacom Group Limited (Vodacom) is a South African telecom operator. It is an investment holding company. The company, through its principal subsidiaries, provides a wide-range of communications products and services including voice, messaging, converged services, broadband and data connectivity. It offers mobile voice and data prepaid or contract services to consumers and businesses. Vodacom is a subsidiary of Vodafone Group plc. The company serves over 43.5 million customers in South Africa, Tanzania, the DRC, Lesotho and Mozambique. Vodacom is headquartered at Vodavalley, South Africa.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Vodacom Group Limited - Key Facts
Vodacom Group Limited - Key Employees
Vodacom Group Limited - Key Employee Biographies
Vodacom Group Limited - Major Products and Services
Vodacom Group Limited - History
Vodacom Group Limited - Company Statement
Vodacom Group Limited - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 - Company Analysis
Vodacom Group Limited - Business Description
Vodacom Group Limited - Corporate Strategy
Vodacom Group Limited - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Vodacom Group Limited - Strengths
Strength - Improved Operating Margin
Strength - Wide Network
Strength - Portfolio of Products
Vodacom Group Limited - Weaknesses
Weakness - Dependence on South Africa
Weakness - Interconnect Revenue
Vodacom Group Limited - Opportunities
Opportunity - Growth in Telecommunications Services
Opportunity - Sales Promotion: Slash of Broadband Tariffs
Opportunity - Africa: Demand for Mobile Broadband Solutions
Vodacom Group Limited - Threats
Threat - Fragility of Network and Collocation Services
Threat - Competition
Threat - Rapid Technological Changes
Vodacom Group Limited - Key Competitors
Section 3 - Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 - Appendix
List of Tables
Vodacom Group Limited, Key Facts
Vodacom Group Limited, Key Employees
Vodacom Group Limited, Key Employee Biographies
Vodacom Group Limited, Major Products and Services
Vodacom Group Limited, History
Vodacom Group Limited, Other Locations
Vodacom Group Limited, Subsidiaries
Vodacom Group Limited, Key Competitors
Vodacom Group Limited, Ratios based on current share price
Vodacom Group Limited, Annual Ratios
Vodacom Group Limited, Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Vodacom Group Limited, Performance Chart (2007 - 2011)
Vodacom Group Limited, Ratio Charts
Companies Mentioned in this Report
Vodacom Group Limited (VOD)
This report does not have a press release associated with it