Contact Energy Limited (CEN) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Contact Energy Limited (Contact Energy) is diversified and integrated energy company. The company is engaged in the generating and retailing electricity, natural gas and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG). It has categorized its operations in to two reportable segments, namely, electricity and others. Contact Energy's generates power from three sources, namely, hydro, geothermal and thermal. The company's power stations portfolio includes two hydro stations; five geothermal stations; and six thermal stations. The company provides electricity, natural gas and LPG to approximately 600,000 customers across nation.. It generates about 25 % of the New Zealand's electricity . The company operates as a subsidiary of Origin Energy Pacific Holdings Limited. Contact Energy is headquartered in Wellington, New Zealand
Contact Energy Limited Key Recent Developments
Oct 05, 2011: Vector's AMS To Deploy Smart Meters For Contact Energy Customers In New Zealand
May 31, 2011: Contact Energy Opens Underground Gas Storage Facility And New 200 MW Gas-Fired Peaker Plant
May 27, 2011: Contact Energy Receives Consents For 168 Turbine Wind Farm In Waikato, New Zealand
Feb 25, 2011: Contact Energy Receives Draft Decision For Hauauru ma raki Wind Farm, New Zealand
Feb 22, 2011: Contact Energy Awards Contract To Develop Its 166 MW Te Mihi Geothermal Project In New Zealand
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Contact Energy Limited provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description - A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.