The Travel and Tourism Competitive Index (TTCI) ranked Mexico as the fourth-most attractive destination to develop travel and tourism businesses within the Americas, following the US, Canada and Barbados. Travel and tourism in Mexico is expected to contribute 6% of the national GDP in 2012, and account for 7.2% of the country's total employment. The government is investing in roads and facilities to enhance access to popular archaeological sites within the Mayan area of the country as part of the Mundo Maya 2012 campaign. Total Mexican tourist volume, including inbound, domestic and outbound, grew at a healthy rate during the review period (2007-2011). This growth was supported by Mexico's expanding economy, tourism infrastructure improvements and government initiatives to promote the country as an attractive tourist destination. Mexico's tourist volume is expected to grow over the forecast period, due to the country's anticipated economic growth, development of tourism infrastructure and increasing affinity for leisure travel.
- Travel and tourism in Mexico is expected to contribute 6% of the national GDP in 2012 and account for 7.2% of the country's total employment.
- The Mexican government has recognized the importance of travel and tourism to the country's economic growth and, as a result, the government has increased its efforts to attract both domestic and foreign visitors.
- The government has increased investment in tourism and is also promoting private investment with tax exemptions and interest subsidies.
- The government is investing in roads and facilities to enhance access to popular archaeological sites within the Mayan area of the country as part of the Mundo Maya 2012 campaign.
This report provides an extensive analysis of the travel and tourism market in Mexico:
- It details historical values for the Mexican travel and tourism industry for 2007-2011, along with forecast figures for 2012-2016
- It provides top-level analysis of the overall travel and tourism market, as well as individual category values for both the 2007-2011 review period and the 2012-2016 forecast period
- The report makes a detailed analysis and projection of tourist spending patterns in Mexico
- The report profiles the top travel and tourism companies in Mexico
Reasons to Purchase
- Take strategic business decisions using top-level historic and forecast market data related to the Mexican travel and tourism industry and each sector within it
- Understand the demand and supply-side dynamics within the Mexican travel and tourism industry, along with key market trends and growth opportunities
- Assess the competitive landscape in the travel and tourism market in Mexico and formulate effective market-entry strategies
- Identify the growth opportunities and industry dynamics within the Mexican tourism industry's key categories, including transportation, accommodation and travel intermediaries