Published by Timetric
on Mar 16, 2012
, 294 pages
PDF format - Delivered by Email within 1 day
The Travel and Tourism Competitive Index (TTCI) ranked Brazil as the third most attractive destination to develop business in the travel and tourism industry in Latin America in 2011. Brazil's travel and tourism industry is expected to contribute 3.3% to national GDP in 2011, and account for 2.9% of the country's total employment. During the review period, tourist volume increased from 156 million in 2006 to 197.7 million in 2010, registering a CAGR of 6.09%. This growth could be attributed to factors such as a strong economy, rising disposable incomes and government initiatives to promote the country as a tourist destination. The Brazilian travel and tourism industry is expected to grow at a significant pace due to the growing economy and government initiatives. Domestic tourism is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.32% over the forecast period, mainly driven by rising middle-class disposable incomes and infrastructural improvement measures initiated by the government.
- The Brazilian economy's early and strong recovery after the global economic downturn has attracted many foreign investors, leading to an increase in international tourist arrivals in 2011 to 5.38 million.
- The main drivers that attracted tourists to Brazil during the review period included government initiatives, infrastructural improvements, a growing middle-class population, and the increasing popularity of leisure travel.
- With Brazil hosting the FIFA World Cup in 2014 and the Olympic Games in 2016, the country is set to attract increasing foreign interest.
- The Brazilian Ministry of Tourism has developed an international tourism plan, Plano Aquarela 2020, which sets out international tourism goals that Brazil intends to achieve by 2020.
- With government initiatives and upcoming international sporting events, travel and tourism is poised for healthy growth over the forecast period.
This report provides an extensive analysis of the travel and tourism market in Brazil:
- It details historical values for the Brazilian travel and tourism industry for 2007-2011, along with forecast figures for 2012-2016
- It provides top-level analysis of the overall travel and tourism market, as well as individual category values for both the 2007-2011 review period and the 2012-2016 forecast period
- The report makes a detailed analysis and projection of tourist spending in Brazil
- The report profiles the top travel and tourism companies in Brazil
Reasons to Purchase
- Take strategic business decisions using top-level historic and forecast market data related to the Brazilian travel and tourism industry and each sector within it
- Understand the demand and supply-side dynamics within the Brazilian travel and tourism industry, along with key market trends and growth opportunities
- Assess the competitive landscape in the travel and tourism market in Brazil, and formulate effective market-entry strategies
- Identify the growth opportunities and industry dynamics within the Braziianl tourism industry's key categories, including transportation, accommodation and travel intermediaries