Insurance Australia Group Limited (IAG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
The group's strategy has been to enhance its portfolio of offerings in Australia and New Zealand. IAG focuses on expanding its operations across various geographical markets, mainly in Indonesia and Vietnam. It also plans to strengthen its operations in Australia and New Zealand through various acquisitions and partnerships. To this end, IAG signed an agreement to acquire AMI insurance business to expand its operations in New Zealand. The group also entered Chinese market through its partnership with Bohai Property Insurance Company Ltd.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Insurance Australia Group Limited provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
- Business description - A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Insurance Australia Group Limited (IAG) is an international general insurance group. IAG offers various insurance products such as motor, home, liability, commercial and workers' compensation. It distributes its products directly through a network of branches, franchises, and country service centers; and indirectly through intermediary channels such as insurance brokers, authorized representatives, motor dealerships and financial institutions. The group sells its products under various brand names such as NZI and State in New Zealand; NRMA Insurance, SGIO, SGIC, CGU, Swann and Buzz in Australia; Equity Red Star in the UK; and Safety and NZI in Thailand. The group has operations in Australia, New Zealand, the UK and Asia. IAG is headquartered in Sydney, Australia.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Insurance Australia Group Limited - Key Facts
Insurance Australia Group Limited - Key Employees
Insurance Australia Group Limited - Key Employee Biographies
Insurance Australia Group Limited - Major Products and Services
Insurance Australia Group Limited - History
Insurance Australia Group Limited - Company Statement
Insurance Australia Group Limited - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 - Company Analysis
Insurance Australia Group Limited - Business Description
Insurance Australia Group Limited - Corporate Strategy
Insurance Australia Group Limited - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Insurance Australia Group Limited - Strengths
Strength - Improved Operational Performance
Strength - Strong Market Presence
Insurance Australia Group Limited - Weaknesses
Weakness - Underperformance of New Zealand Division
Weakness - Investment in Market Sensitive Instruments
Insurance Australia Group Limited - Opportunities
Opportunity - Strategic Acquisitions
Opportunity - Growth Prospects in Emerging Markets
Opportunity - Solvency II Boosting Reinsurance Demand
Insurance Australia Group Limited - Threats
Threat - Competition
Threat - Lower Interest Rates
Threat - Insurance Industry Challenges
Insurance Australia Group Limited - Key Competitors
Section 3 - Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 - Appendix
List of Tables
Insurance Australia Group Limited, Key Facts
Insurance Australia Group Limited, Key Employees
Insurance Australia Group Limited, Key Employee Biographies
Insurance Australia Group Limited, Major Products and Services
Insurance Australia Group Limited, History
Insurance Australia Group Limited, Subsidiaries
Insurance Australia Group Limited, Joint Venture
Insurance Australia Group Limited, Key Competitors
Insurance Australia Group Limited, Ratios based on current share price
Insurance Australia Group Limited, Annual Ratios
Insurance Australia Group Limited, Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Insurance Australia Group Limited, Performance Chart (2007 - 2011)
Insurance Australia Group Limited, Ratio Charts
Companies Mentioned in this Report
Insurance Australia Group Limited (IAG)
This report does not have a press release associated with it